COMMENTARY: Review: Bisphosphonates prevent or delay skeletal events in women with advance breast cancer and bone metastases
- Denosumab reduced skeletal events in women with breast cancer and bone metastases. // Hem/Onc Today;11/25/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 21, p54
The article discusses research being done on the effect of denosumab on skeletal-related events in women with breast cancer and bone metastases who had not received intravenous (IV) bisphosphonate. It references a study by Allan Lipton et al, which appeared in the 2008 issue of "Clinical Cancer...
- Bone-targeted agents and skeletal-related events in breast cancer patients with bone metastases: the state of the art. Clemons, M.; Gelmon, K. A.; Pritchard, K. I.; Paterson, A. H. G. // Current Oncology;Oct2012, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p259
Most women with advanced breast cancer will develop bone metastases, which are associated with the development of skeletal-related events (sres) such as pathologic fractures and spinal cord compression. This article reviews the evolving definition and incidence of sres, the pathophysiology of...
- Review: Bisphosphonates prevent or delay skeletal events in women with advanced breast cancer and bone metastases. // ACP Journal Club;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 144 Issue 2, p39
This article reports that Bisphosphonates prevent or delay skeletal events in women with advanced breast cancer and bone metastases. 15 randomized controlled trials (RCTs) in women with advanced breast cancer and clinically evident bone metastases, 3 RCTs in women with advanced breast cancer...
- ENDURING METASTATIC CANCER PAIN. Arathuzik, Mary // Oncology Nursing Forum;Mar2006, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p459
Oncology nurses often care for cancer patients who are experiencing pain particularly patients with metastatic disease. Understanding key factors encountered by metastatic cancer patients who are enduring pain should provide nurses with valuable insights into how cancer patients deal with pain....
- Bone metastases: Zometa to become the gold-standard treatment? // PharmaWatch: Cancer;May 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p22
Examines the use of bisphosphonates in bone metastasis of breast and prostate cancer. Use of Aredia and Zometa drugs to treat bone metastasis; Rate of occurrence of bone metastasis in patients with breast and prostate cancer; Role of Novartis in marketing the drugs.
- Natural history of skeletal-related events in patients with breast, lung, or prostate cancer and metastases to bone: a 15-year study in two large US health systems. Oster, Gerry; Lamerato, Lois; Glass, Andrew G.; Richert-Boe, Kathryn E.; Lopez, Andrea; Chung, Karen; Richhariya, Akshara; Dodge, Tracy; Wolff, Greg G.; Balakumaran, Arun; Edelsberg, John // Supportive Care in Cancer;Dec2013, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p3279
Purpose: To document the risk of skeletal complications in patients with bone metastases from breast cancer (BC), lung cancer (LC), or prostate cancer (PC) in routine clinical practice. Methods: We used data from two large US health systems to identify patients aged â‰¥18Â years with...
- Collapsing focal segmental glomerulosclerosis following long-term treatment with oral ibandronate: case report and review of literature. Ning Jia; Cormack, Fionnuala C.; Bin Xie; Zita Shiue; Najafian, Behzad; Gralow, Julie R. // BMC Cancer;Jul2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Background: Renal toxicity has been reported with bisphosphonates such as pamidronate and zolidronate but not with ibandronate, in the treatment of breast cancer patients with bone metastasis. One of the patterns of bisphosphonate-induced nephrotoxicity is focal segmental glomerulosclerosis...
- Assessment of treatment response in lobular breast carcinoma metastatic to skeleton. Ghesani, Munir; Dy, Irene; Cohen, Seth; Rosenbaum-Smith, Sharon; DeLara, Francisco; Kodsi, Karen; Moran, Christopher // Hem/Onc Today;6/10/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p14
The article discusses the case of a 55-year-old hypertensive female patient with breast cancer who is diagnosed with bone metastases after she underwent mastectomy.
- Breast cancer bone metastases: an orthopedic emergency. Piccioli, Andrea // Journal of Orthopaedics & Traumatology;Jun2014, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p143
A letter to the editor is presented related to bone metastasis in breast cancer (BC) patients in a previous issue of the journal.