Dilatation and Curettage
- Is Intrauterine Anesthesia Beneficial for Performing Gynecologic Procedures? Ling, Frank W. // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Feb2013, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p76
Instillation of local anesthesia into the uterine cavity can reduce pain for endometrial biopsy, curettage, hysteroscopy, and possibly other procedures
- CANCERUL DE COL UTERIN - STUDIU RETROSPECTIV CAZUISTICA CLINICII OBSTETRICÄ‚ GINECOLOGIE SIBIU ÃŽN PERIOADA 2001 - 2011. Din, Georgeta; Stretean, A. // Acta Medica Transilvanica;dec2011, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p92
The present paper has as objective the study of the frequency of the surgical interventions for the cervical neoplasm from the total number of gynecological interventions, classically or laparoscopically, rapported to the age, parity degree, clinical stadiality and the surgical approac, using a...
- panhystero-oophorectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1695
A definition of the term "panhystero-oophorectomy" is presented, which refers to the excision of the uterus, cervix and ovaries.
- dilation and curettage. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p654
A definition of the term "dilation and curettage" or D and C is presented. This term refers to an out-patient surgical procedure wherein the cervical canal of the uterus is expanded to scrape or sample the surface lining of the uterine wall. Dysfunctional uterine bleeding or postmenopausal...
- panhysterosalpingectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1695
A definition of the term "panhysterosalpingectomy" is presented, which refers to the removal of the uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes through surgery.
- Successful endâ€toâ€end cervicoâ€cervical anastomosis in a patient with congenital cervical fragmentation: Case report. Grimbizis, Grigoris F.; Tsalikis, Tryfon; Mikos, Themistoklis; Papadopoulos, Nikos; C. Tarlatzis, Basil; Bontis, John N. // Human Reproduction;Vol. 19 Issue 5, p1204
Cervical agenesis or dysgenesis (fragmentation, fibrous cord and obstruction) is an extremely rare congenital anomaly. Conservative surgical approach to these patients involves uterovaginal anastomosis, cervical canalization, and cervical reconstruction. In failed conservative surgery, total...
- panhystero-oophorectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1580
A definition of the medical term "panhystero-oophorectomy" is presented, which refers to the excision of the uterus, cervix and one or both ovaries. The definition is from the "Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary," published by F.A. Davis Co.
- Health headlines. // New Zealand Doctor;9/21/2005, p38
Presents an overview of cover stories featured in various periodicals published in September 2005. Cancer statistics in New Zealand in the "North & South"; Phenomenon of gynaecological surgery for aesthetic reasons in the "Metro"; Nature of the Lymphangioleiomyomatosis lung disease in "The...
- Use of Elastic Self-Retaining Retractor for Assisting Minilaparotomy in Gynecologic Surgery. Aslam, Muhammad Faisal; Fridman, Dmitry; Khulpateea, Neekianand // Journal of Gynecologic Surgery;
Objective: The purpose of this article is to describe the experience of using the elastic self-retaining retractor in gynecology. Design: The article is designed as a case series report. Materials and Methods: The use of minilaparotomy with elastic self-retaining retractor (Mobius, Apple...