D.C. May Sell $210M in Tobacco Bonds to Fund Medical Center
- The Tax Treatment of Municipal Discount Bonds: Rebuttal and Expansion. Kaufman, George G. // Financial Management (1972);Winter82, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p48
This article analyzes the rebuttal and expansion issues in tax treatment of municipal discount bonds. Municipal bonds are typically sold in the form of a serial issue by an issuing state or local entity jurisdiction to an underwriter or underwriting syndicate either by competitive bid or by...
- Big spread on zeroes tightens in secondary. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;01/22/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30315, p31
Focuses on the tightening of the big spread on secondary municipal zero-coupon bonds against regular municipal bonds in the United States. Concerns among portfolio managers on maintaining portfolio duration amidst falling interest rates.
- Arkansas investors scramble for insured zero-coupon GO offering. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;09/09/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30226, p8
Reports on the strong investor reception for Arkansas' zero-coupon state general obligation bonds issued on September 8, 1997. Availability of coupon-paying bonds from 1998 to 2002; Projected strength of retail distribution due to a sizable, local issue and the unprecedented use of insurance on...
- Zeros' volume was down, but issues were up. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30579, p19
Reports on zero-coupon bonds in the United States in 1998. Increase of individual issues; Growth of zero-coupon bonds sold by Texas issuers; Price of the debt; Reason why Texas schools were driven to sell zeros.
- Getting something for nothing. Korn, Donald Jay; Cintron, Ivan // Black Enterprise;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p42
Discusses the rewards for owning zero-coupon bonds. How zero-coupon bonds eliminate reinvestment risk; Categories of investment in a municipal zero-coupon bonds; Comments from George Strickland, portfolio manager at Thornburg Intermediate Municipal Fund.
- Benefits of Hazard Play. Fine, Jacob; Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32170, p1
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the United States during the second quarter of 2005. Reason why the Oppenheimer Rochester National Municipals Fund was the top performing municipal bond fund during the quarter; Events that helped propel tobacco bond prices higher during the...
- Zero-coupon bonds. // Practical Accountant;Oct99, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p26
Enumerates the advantages of zero-coupon bonds in the United States. Payment of secondary market trading; Bonds taxation and redemption.
- Opportunity for better returns. de Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;10/06/2000, p48
Discusses the benefits of investing in zero coupon bonds in South Africa. Guarantee by underlying government bonds; Bond rating on zero coupon bonds; Rate of return on investments.
- Healthy Debt Requests. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p31
The article presents news concerning hospital bonds in San Diego County, California as of March 10, 2006. The board of the Grossmont Healthcare District has voted to put a $247 million general obligation bond measure on the June 6 ballot. Tri-City Healthcare District has approved a bond measure...