Private Universities Adding Debt: Moody's
- Moody's: Caa-Rated Debt A No-Go. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/2/2012, p11
The article discusses a January 2012 report by Moody's Investors Service which noted that the unattractiveness of car-rated debt in the current low-growth environment, citing further details on the outlook for investments in the Caa-rated bonds in the long-term and post-recession period.
- Higher-Education Ratings Look Stable for 2007, Moody's Says. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/11/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p3
The article reports on the projected higher-education ratings in the U.S. for 2007. According to Moody's Investors Service Inc., the ratings for colleges and universities will remain stable due to strong financial performance across the sector. Many institutions continue to borrow heavily to...
- Moody's Knocks Private Equity. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/16/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p7
The article reports that Moody's has become the latest major player to speak out about the increased use of debt by private equity companies, disputing the industry's claim that taking companies private results in better long-term value for shareholders. Private equity officials debate that...
- Moody's: Default Rate Falls to 1.9%. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/8/2011, p8
The article reports on the decrease in the global speculative-grade default from 2.3 percent in June to 1.9 percent in July 2011, as reported by the Moody's Investors Service.
- Oklahoma's GO Affirmation. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/7/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33659, p5
The article reports on Oklahoma's Aa2 ratings and mentions the positive outlook of Moody's Investors Service Inc. for the 222.5 million dollars general obligation debt of the state.
- Moody's Lowers Tulsa Airport Debt; DFW Outlook Negative . Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31274, p5
Reports on a reduction in debt of Tulsa Airports Improvement Trust in Oklahoma to A3 from A2 by Moody's Investors Service Inc. Plan of Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport Board to sell its joint revenue bonds; Objective of sale of bonds; Plan of trust officials to sell their general...
- INDIANA: Clark County Falls to A1. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/5/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33445, p7
The article reports on the downgrading of Clark County's debt by Moody's Investors Service Inc. from Aa3 to A1 in Indiana.
- Moody's Drops Georgia County's Water and Sewer Bonds to Aa3. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/5/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33445, p20
The article reports on the downgrading of Fulton County's debt by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Georgia.
- State Debt Slowed for Third Straight Year, to 1.3% in 2012. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;6/3/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33921, p6
The article focuses on a report released by the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. that shows the outstanding state debt growth has dropped down by 1.3 percent for the third consecutive year in the U.S. in the year 2012.