Florida Power Deal Partially Unwinds Swaps
- S & P: Lower Minimum Counterparty Ratings May Spur Providers. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;2/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31824, p6
Reports that Standard and Poor's (S&P) expects more swap providers to enter the municipal public finance market in the U.S. Decision of S&P to limit an issuer's exposure to any swap counterparties; List of swap providers active in the municipal market; Need for municipal issuers to develop a...
- Florida Power Agency Approves $400M Buyback. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30886, p6
Reports on the bond buyback program of the Florida Municipal Power Agency.
- Fla. Municipal Power Agency Expected to Buy Back $400M of Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30882, p3
Reports on the plan of the Florida Municipal Power Agency to buy back 400 million dollars in outstanding bonds. Sale of new debt; Five bond issues to four municipal power supply projects.
- Improving Shelby County, Tenn., to Sell $287 Million of Refunding Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/27/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32515, p39
The article reports on the sale of $287 million of refunding bonds in Shelby County, Tennessee. The deal has made positive strides to boost their respective ratings. The county decided to include swaptions in the refunding and to make it work, it will issue variable-rate demand bonds and then...
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p1
Reports that the municipal bond market finished higher on July 8, 2004, led by aggressive new issue pricing, continuous investment demand and earlier gains in Treasuries.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p32
Presents several statistics relevant to the bond market in the U.S. in July 2004. Securities prices; Municipal bond index and prices; State and local government series rates.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p31
Presents news briefs related to municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 22, 2004. Signature campaign launched by a group opposed to the Indianapolis School District's plan to issue $200 million of bonds; Standard & Poor's upgrade of its bond rating for Wayne County, Michigan; Moody's...
- Senate Passes D.C. Fiscal 2005 Spending Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p4
Reports on the Senate's approval of the District of Columbia's spending bill for fiscal 2005. Approval of the city's plan to sell general obligation bonds; Proposed payment to the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p6
Presents graphs depicting swap rates of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of November 9, 2004.