Cabrera's Top HUD Priority: Efficiency
- New Senior HUD Official Takes Office. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32261, p31
Reports on the designation of Orlando J. Cabrera as assistant secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Bush Taps Florida's Cabrera For Key HUD Post. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/23/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32202, p4
Reports that U.S. President George W. Bush has announced that he intends to nominate Orlando J. Cabrera as assistant secretary for public and Indian housing at the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development. Current position of Cabrera as executive director of the Florida Housing Finance Corp.;...
- HUD and HFAs to begin mark-to-market contract talks. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p5
Reports on the scheduled start of negotiations to finalize contracts between the United States Department of Housing & Urban Development and state and local housing finance agencies that will implement the mark-to-market reorganization of Section 8 subsidies. Fees to be paid to the agencies;...
- HUD sends Congress rules for revamping section 8 subsidies. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30463, p1
Reports on the completion of the Department of Housing and Urban Development's interim rules on the restructuring of Section 8 subsidies in August 1998, for approval by Congress. Plans for the rules' publication; Restructuring issues; Disputed passage in the 1997 law; Required agreements.
- No Surprises Found in HUD's Interim Section 8 Reform Rules. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;09/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30477, p4
Reports that the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has published its interim rule for implementation of mark-to-market reform of Section 8 low-income housing subsidies. Lowering of subsidized housing rents to levels in line with market values to save HUD money;...
- Housing Department claims up to $75 million in funds. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;11/30/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p2
Reports that the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico is submitting a formal claim to the United States Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) for reimbursement of disputed public housing subsidies. Details of the country's claim; Chronic underfunding of Puerto Rican housing as creating a...
- Agencies sign HUD agreements. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;07/14/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30682, p4
Reports on United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's agreements with housing finance agencies and private groups in 27 states to carry out the restructuring of Section 8 housing subsidies. Names of the housing finance agencies that had reached agreement; States involved in the...
- HUD protects tenants of troubled projects. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;Apr96, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p30
Reports that in an effort to protect subsidized tenants in troubled projects the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has revised the regulations governing the sale of HUD-held family mortgages. Requirements when a delinquent mortgage on a subsidized project is sold;...
- Department of Housing and Urban Development. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p423
A list of officials in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development is presented, which include Secretary of Housing & Urban Development Alphonso Jackson, Deputy Secretary Roy A. Bernardi, and Fair Housing & Equal Opportunity Director Kim Kendrick.