UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE PHYSALIS (SOLANACEAE) DE QUERETARO, MEXICO
- UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DE ECHEVERIA (CRASSULACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE GUANAJUATO (MEXICO). Perez-Calix, Emmanuel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 38, p9
Echeveria calderoniae is described as new, a plant native of the northwest of the state of Guanajuato (Mï¿½xico). This species belongs to the section Secundae (Baker) Berger, and differs from its known components in its lanceolate and apically acute leaves.
- SEDUM CLAUSENII (CRASSULACEAE), UNA NUEVA ESPECIE PARA LA FLORA DEL CENTRO DE MEXICO. Perez-Calix, Emmanuel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1998, Issue 43, p1
Sedum clausenii is proposed and described as a new species, based on collections from northeastern Guanajuato and adjacent south-central San Luis Potosï¿½, Mï¿½xico. The new species most closely resembles Sedum greggii Hemsl. and Sedum grandipetalum Frï¿½d., but differs from both in the...
- Taraxacum penyalarense (Asteraceae), a new species from the Central Mountains of Spain. de Mera, Antonio Galán; Perea, Eliana Linares; Orellana, José A. Vicente // Annales Botanici Fennici;Apr2012, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p91
Taraxacum penyalarense is described and illustrated as a new species. It was found in the Iberian Central Mountains, on the PeÃ±alara mountain, Madrid, Spain. It resembles some species of sect. Naevosa, but differs in its rough leaves, horned exterior phyllaries with a scarious border, and...
- TAXONOMY OF LEUCOPHYSALIS (SOLANACEAE, TRIBE PHYSALEAE). Averett, John E. // Rhodora;Apr-Jun2009, Vol. 111 Issue 946, p209
A taxonomic survey is presented for Leucophysalis. The genus is of interest because L. grandiflora has the northernmost distribution of any Solanaceae in North America and because of its possible link to certain Asian species of the family. A key to species, synonymy, and a discussion of generic...
- Two new species of Vriesea (Tillandsioideae, Bromeliaceae) from Southeastern Brazil. Silva, Bruno Rezende // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p77
Presents information on plant species Vriesea fountourae and Vriesea revoluta in southeastern Brazil. Description of their leaves; Background on the flowers of both species; Plants related to the species.
- Stackhousia stratfordii (Celastraceae: Stackhousioideae), a remarkable new species from a remote location near Norseman, south-west Western Australia. Barker, W. R.; Cockerton, Geoff T. B. // Nuytsia;2011, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p69
Stackhousia stratfordii W.R.Barker & Cockerton sp. nov. possesses attributes unique to its genus and subfamily of opposite sub-radical leaves and flowers borne in scapes and containing three stamens. Morphological evidence is summarised arguing its placement within Stackhousia.
- NUEVA ESPECIE GIPSÃCOLA DE PINGUICULA (LENTIBULARIACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE OAXACA, MÃ‰XICO. Zamudio Ruiz, Sergio; Studnicka, Miloslav // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2000, Issue 53, p67
Pinguicula medusina, inhabitant of gypsum hills near Santiago Juxtlahuaca, Oaxaca, is described as a new species. Because of its subisolobe corolla with cylindrical tube and short spur, it is placed in the subgenus Isoloba, section Heterophyllum. This new taxon is closely related to P....
- Leafy branches of Bothrodendron punctatum from the Westphalian D (Asturian) of Nova Scotia, Canada. THOMAS, B.A.; ZODROW, E.; CLEAL, C.J. // Atlantic Geology;2010, Vol. 46, p1
Specimens belonging to the lycopsid genus Bothrodendron are identified by distinctive shoots that have small superficial leaf scars. The species are distinguished on the basis of leaf scar shape and ornamentation on their stem surfaces. Of the two Pennsylvanian (upper Carboniferous) species,...
- A taxonomic review of Trachycarpus martianus (Wall.) H. Wendl. Lorek, Michael // Current Science (00113891);6/25/2007, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p1678
The article discusses the taxonomy of Trachycarpus (T.) martianus. It states that the T. martianus is a variable species with two major populations in Nepal and Meghalaya, India. According to the author, the leaf segment of Trachycarpus form found at the Rissoom mountain in Darjeeling, India are...