UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE PHYSALIS (SOLANACEAE) DE QUERETARO, MEXICO
- UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DE ECHEVERIA (CRASSULACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE GUANAJUATO (MEXICO). Perez-Calix, Emmanuel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 38, p9
Echeveria calderoniae is described as new, a plant native of the northwest of the state of Guanajuato (Mï¿½xico). This species belongs to the section Secundae (Baker) Berger, and differs from its known components in its lanceolate and apically acute leaves.
- SEDUM CLAUSENII (CRASSULACEAE), UNA NUEVA ESPECIE PARA LA FLORA DEL CENTRO DE MEXICO. Perez-Calix, Emmanuel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1998, Issue 43, p1
Sedum clausenii is proposed and described as a new species, based on collections from northeastern Guanajuato and adjacent south-central San Luis Potosï¿½, Mï¿½xico. The new species most closely resembles Sedum greggii Hemsl. and Sedum grandipetalum Frï¿½d., but differs from both in the...
- Taraxacum penyalarense (Asteraceae), a new species from the Central Mountains of Spain. de Mera, Antonio Galán; Perea, Eliana Linares; Orellana, José A. Vicente // Annales Botanici Fennici;Apr2012, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p91
Taraxacum penyalarense is described and illustrated as a new species. It was found in the Iberian Central Mountains, on the PeÃ±alara mountain, Madrid, Spain. It resembles some species of sect. Naevosa, but differs in its rough leaves, horned exterior phyllaries with a scarious border, and...
- TAXONOMY OF LEUCOPHYSALIS (SOLANACEAE, TRIBE PHYSALEAE). Averett, John E. // Rhodora;Apr-Jun2009, Vol. 111 Issue 946, p209
A taxonomic survey is presented for Leucophysalis. The genus is of interest because L. grandiflora has the northernmost distribution of any Solanaceae in North America and because of its possible link to certain Asian species of the family. A key to species, synonymy, and a discussion of generic...
- Two new species of Vriesea (Tillandsioideae, Bromeliaceae) from Southeastern Brazil. Silva, Bruno Rezende // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p77
Presents information on plant species Vriesea fountourae and Vriesea revoluta in southeastern Brazil. Description of their leaves; Background on the flowers of both species; Plants related to the species.
- PACHYPHYTUM MACHUCAE (CRASSULACEAE) UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE MICHOACAN, MEXICO. Garcia Ruiz, Ignacio; Glass, Charles; Chazaro Basa�ez, Miguel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1999, Issue 47, p9
Pachyphytum machucae is described as a new species, and compared with P. caesium Kimnach & Moran, the most closely related species, differing in size and shape of the leaves, as well as in calyx and corola length. P. machucae is also compared with P. brevifolium Rose and P. hookeri (Salm-Dyck)...
- The Other Asian Maples. Hinkley, Daniel J. // Horticulture;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p50
Provides information on the genus Acer, popularly known as the maples, which occur throughout the Northern Hemisphere. Nature of maples; Choice species of the maples in Asia; Description of a maple leaf. INSETS: Identifying Maples;Growing Maples from Seed;Growing Asian Maples.
- A new species of Racinaea (Bromeliaceae) from Peru. Gouda, Eric John; Manzanares, Jos� Manuel // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p156
The article discusses new species of the plant Racinaea from Peru. It discusses the features of the new species, including its leaves, inflorescence and spikes. It states that a typical aspect of the species is the pendent spikes and flowers, which is said to be rare in Racinaea. It also...
- Stackhousia stratfordii (Celastraceae: Stackhousioideae), a remarkable new species from a remote location near Norseman, south-west Western Australia. Barker, W. R.; Cockerton, Geoff T. B. // Nuytsia;2011, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p69
Stackhousia stratfordii W.R.Barker & Cockerton sp. nov. possesses attributes unique to its genus and subfamily of opposite sub-radical leaves and flowers borne in scapes and containing three stamens. Morphological evidence is summarised arguing its placement within Stackhousia.