UNA NUEVA ESPECIE GIPSOFILA DE SISYRINCHIUM (IRIDACEAE: SISYRINCHIEAE) DE MEXICO
- Rapid and recent origin of species richness in the Cape flora of South Africa. Richardson, James E.; Weitz, Frans M.; Fay, Michael F.; Cronk, Quentin C.B.; Linder, H. Peter; Reeves, G.; Chase, Mark W. // Nature;7/12/2001, Vol. 412 Issue 6843, p181
Discusses a study which showed speciation in a species-rich genus characteristics of the Cape flora using molecular phylogenetics and precise dating of two island species within the same clade as the continental taxa in South Africa. Aridification in the Cape region; How the study was conducted.
- TROPHIS NORAMINERVAE (MORACEAE), UNA NUEVA ESPECIE PARA LA SIERRA DE MANANTLAN, JALISCO, MEXICO. Cuevas Guzman, Ramon; Carvajal Hernandez, Servando // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1999, Issue 47, p1
A new species of Trophis, T. noraminervae Cuevas & Carvajal from the Sierra de Manantlï¿½n, Jalisco, Mexico, is described, illustrated and compared to its closest presumed relatives, T. mexicana (Liebm.) Bur. and T. racemosa (L.) Urban subsp. ramon (Schlecht. & Cham.) W. Burger
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE THOMPSONELLA (CRASSULACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE GUERRERO, MEXICO. Diaz, Martha Gual; Gomez, Susana Peralta; Perez-Calix, Emmanuel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 40, p37
Thompsonella xochipalensis is described, illustrated and proposed as a new species, based on plants collected in the region of Xochipala, Guerrero. The new species differs from previously known species in having a caudex 8 to 22 cm long and 4.5 to 5 mm thick, and ensiform rosette leaves 1.5 to...
- PINGUICULA CONZATTII (LENTIBULARIACEAE), UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DEL ESTADO DE OAXACA, Mï¿½XICO. Zamudio, Sergio; Van Marm, Johan // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2003, Issue 62, p15
Pinguicula conzattii is described as a new species to science, collected between Santo Tomas Ocotepec and Santiago Nuyoo, district of Tlaxiaco, Oaxaca. Plants of this species are cultivated in Europe under the name of Pinguicula "Santiago Nuyoo Pass". This taxon belongs to section Heterophyllum,...
- GENUS OSCILLATORIA FROM DISTRICT CHARSADDA, PAKISTAN. Sarim, Fazli Malik; Ali, Niaz; Ahmad, Imtiaz // Pakistan Journal of Plant Sciences;Jan2011, Vol. 16/17 Issue 2/1, p25
Eleven species: Oscillatoria acuminata Gomont, Oscillatoria princeps Vaucher, Oscillatoria tenius C.A. Agardh, Oscillatoria curviceps C.A. Agardh, Oscillatoria agardhii, Oscillatoria prolifica (Grev) Gomont, Oscillatoria chlorina Kutz ex Gomont, Oscillatoria proboscoidea Gomont, Oscillatoria...
- NEW OR NOTEWORTHY TAXA OF ARGENTINEAN AND CHILEAN BRASSICACEAE (CRUCIFERAE). Al-Shehbaz, Ihsan A. // Darwiniana;dic2006, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p359
Menonvillea filifolia subsp. marticorenae is described, and its distinguishing characters from M. filifolia subsp. filifolia are given. The genus Grammosperma is reduced to synonymy of Sarcodraba. A key to the four species of Sarcodraba is presented, and the new combination S. dusenii is...
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE Y UNA NUEVA COMBINACIÃ“N EN EL GÃ‰NERO STAELIA (RUBIACEAE-SPERMACOCEAE) DE BOLIVIA. Salas, Roberto M.; Cabral, Elsa L. // Darwiniana;dic2006, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p500
Staelia longipedicelata, a new species from Bolivia (Santa Cruz), is described and illustrated. Staelia herzogii. is a new combination and a new record to Brazil (Mato Grosso do Sul). A key is provided to distinguish the species of Staelia from Bolivia.
- SHORTER NOTES. // American Fern Journal;Jul-Sep2005, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p126
The article reports on 11 new records of lycophytes and ferns from the island of Moorea, French Polynesia. The 11 new taxon were not listed in the floristic study by Murdock and Smith in 2003. The additions bring the total number of pteridophyte species known to the island to 83. Seven of the...
- Rediscovery of Impatiens laevigata var. grandifolia (Balsaminaceae) from NE India. Gogoi, R.; Barbhuiya, H. A.; Borah, S. // Taiwania;Dec2013, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p311
Impatiens laevigata var. grandifolia Hook.f. rediscovered after a lapse of 139 years from Lohit district of Arunachal Pradesh. Earlier it was known only - from its type locality in Manipur. Detailed morphological description of I. laevigata var. laevigata and var. grandifolia have been provided...