People In The News
- PEOPLE. Greifner, Laura // Education Week;2/1/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on career developments of people related to the field of education in the U.S. Jane E. West will become the vice president of government relations for the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education on February 6. Melody E. Douglas is the new president of the board...
- Allender to join children's clubs at BOMC. Roback, D.; Maughan, S. // Publishers Weekly;3/1/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 11, p45
Reports that David Allender has been named editorial director of children's clubs at Book-of-the-Month Club. Brief background.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;10/25/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p6
The article presents information on appointment of executives in different publishing companies. At HarperCollins, Seth Fleischman has been named national account manager, Borders Group. Stefanie Friedman will replace Fleischman as national accounts manager selling to Baker & Taylor Inc. Marvel...
- You've gotta have friends. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p28
Profiles `Completely Yours,' a benefit audio project for Children's Book-of-the-Month Club. Background on the friendship between editoral director David Allender and performer Paula Poundstone who is featured in the project; Decision by Allender and Poundstone to make the album a benefit for...
- Allender Leaving CBOMC for Workman. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;8/12/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 32, p136
Unveils the plan of David Allender to resign as editor-in-chief of Children's Book-of-the-Month Club. Reason behind the plan; His contributions to the club; Work experiences.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;1/23/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 4, p12
The article offers news related to the book industry as of January 2006. Bookstore sales rose 2% to $1.06 billion. Amy Rhodes has been named publisher and general manager of Watson-Guptill Publications and its imprints. John Glusman has been named vice president and executive editor at Crown's...
- Employee development. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p8
Provides information on different career developments of employees in United Kingdom. Electrical training of Britvic technicians; Agreement of trade unions in Land-Rover; Proposal on overhauling of professional status awards; Selection of teams for youth skills olympics; Cargill's launching of...
- Employee development. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p11
Presents news which focuses on employee development in the United Kingdom. Launching of the national vocational qualifications (NVQ) for the people working at ports; Survey on the training levels in engineering companies; Investment of the Rank Xerox UK for its open-learning facilities.
- Why CPD is a duty to yourself and others. Haistead, Nichola // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p59
Presents the answers to common questions about continuing professional development (CPD) presented in an conference of Institute of Personnel and Development. Factors which constitutes evidence of CPD; How to meet CPD obligations; How to keep up CPD if unemployed.