Scribner's Flytxt Alliance Highlights Mobile Campaign Trend
- Simon & Schuster Bets On Three Kings Strategy For Fall. // Book Publishing Report;
Reports on Simon & Schuster Inc.'s plans to publish by fall 2004 three books by Stephen King. Initial printing; Target readers; Publication dates.
- Strong Frontlist Books Lead S&S Q1 Revenues to Rise 14%. // Book Publishing Report;5/1/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the revenue increase by 14 percent of CBS Corp.'s Simon & Schuster Inc. (S& S), New York that is mainly due to frontlist books packed with star authors. As estimated by Simba Information Inc., S& S revenue increase from 153.1 million to 178 million dollars which also...
- Atria to Publish the Book on Cool. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Atria Books' plan to publish a book on what is cool. Topics to be discussed on the book; Target readers for the book.
- Beyond Words Builds S&S Alliance with Children's Books Accord. // Book Publishing Report;7/10/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the publishing venture of Beyond Words Publishing Inc. in Hillsboro, Oregon and Atria Books, an affiliate company of Simon & Schuster (S& S) Inc. to distribute children's books called Beyond Words/Simon & Schuster Children's books. Also in 2005, Beyond Words had an...
- Resisting fate. Macskimming, Roy // Quill & Quire;Jan2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p11
Comments on the Canadian government's granting of permission for U.S. publishing company Simon and Schuster to acquire Distican. Rules about ownership in the Canadian book industry; Ownership policy's objective of strengthening an indigenous cultural industry; Call for Canadian Heritage...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- AP, Simon & Schuster Settlement Raises Questions On "Fair Use" // Book Publishing Report;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p1
Reports that Simon & Schuster Inc. has questioned the Associated Press' copyright law and its haziness on book excerpts in the U.S. Dispute between the two companies on matters involving "fair-use" of copyright materials; Reference to other cases involving similar issue; Factors to determine...
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...
- Atria: After a Year, Finding a Real Identity. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;5/19/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 20, p26
Deals with the first anniversary of Simon & Schuster imprint called Atria. Title of the first book published by Atria; Book categories being published by Atria; List of books to be released by Atria in fall 2003.