HarperCollins' To Boost Health Segment, Web Commitment
- BEN WOLIN. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;3/30/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 13, pF12
The article focuses on Ben Wolin, chief executive at Waterfront Media Inc. Wolin swears his foray into health information websites was strictly coincidental. His career took off at faith-based site Beliefnet.com, where, as its first employee, he helped build the brand and raise $27 million in...
- Click-Through Marketing. Danford, Natalie; Abbott, Charlotte // Publishers Weekly;5/31/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p23
Focuses on the decision of Web publishing company Waterfront Media to launch the subscription website southbeachdiet.com in May 2004. Number of subscribers attracted by the site since its launched according to Waterfront CEO Ben Wolin; Benefits of the site as a marketing tool for the hardcover...
- Harper Debuts Site To Help Teachers. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the Web site launched by HarperCollins. Services offered by the site; Benefits of using the site.
- A New Moon for Sharon Creech. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;4/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 16, p26
Reports on the joint venture of HarperCollins and New Moon Publishing to promote popular children's book author Sharon Creech and her publications on the Web site of her magazine "New Moon: The Magazine for Girls and Their Dreams." Features of the Web site; Views of Josette Kurey, senior...
- HC, BET.com in Web Venture. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 43, p12
Reports on the joint venture of HarperCollins (HC) with BET.com to launch a books channel about African-Americans on the BET.com Web site. Remarks from David Steinberger, president of corporate strategy and international for HC; Information on an online bookstore planned by the companies;...
- HarperCollins in Indian Joint Venture. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the joint venture agreement signed by HarperCollins with India Today Group, a leading Indian media company. Terms of the agreement; Aim for the joint venture.
- Harper Launches E-Book Retail Sites. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;12/9/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 49, p14
Announces the launching of retail electronic book Web sites by HarperCollins. Countries where the sites were introduced; Features of the sites; Pace of growth of Perfectbound's electronic book sales.
- Everyday Health climbs past WebMD. Comer, Ben // Medical Marketing & Media;Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p18
The article reports that Waterfront Media Inc.'s Everyday Health has overtaken WebMD Health Corp. to lead the online consumer health space. According to Ben Wolin, chief executive officer (CEO) of Waterfront Media, the merger with Revolution Health in early October 2008 was a major factor in the...
- Collins Rescues Smithsonian Books; To Publish 100 Co-Branded Titles Annually. // Book Publishing Report;2/21/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the joint venture between HarperCollins and Smithsonian Books. Terms of the agreement; Category of books that will be published by the two companies; Advantage of the deal for HarperCollins.