Penguin Group Overtakes Random House On Paperback Fiction List
- Mystery Titles, Superauthors Commanded Bestseller List In 2005. // Book Publishing Report;1/9/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p4
The article features the 2005 New York Times hardcover fiction list. Observations on the lists was that mystery titles mostly written by flagship authors were the ones that drove hardcover fictions on their spot. Among the top ten publishers were Random House, Penguin Group, HarperColins, Simon...
- Adolph S. Ochs. Tifft; Jones, Susan E. // Editor & Publisher;10/30/99 Supplement Centennial, Vol. 132 Issue 44, p14
Profiles former `The New York Times' publisher Adolph S. Ochs. Influence in journalism; Contributions to journalism; Image as the creator of objective journalism; Childhood; Education; Acquisition of `The New York Times' in 1896; Strategy used to regain readers.
- Ellies Noms Broaden to Include Web-Only Titles. Moses, Lucia // MediaWeek;3/24/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the 2008 National Magazine Awards Ellie nominations. The nominations show that the meaning of "magazine" continues to expand, with a small amount of online-only publications, including "Babble" and "Chow," receiving them. Other nominees included "The New York Times...
- Memo Pad. Wicks, Amy; Smith, Stephanie D.; Palmieri, Jean E. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/28/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 113, p12
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. print media. An issue of "The New York Times Magazine," published a cover story about a former editor's firsthand account of life as a blogger, with a suggestive cover photo that pictured her lying on a bed. Editor-in-chief Roberta Myers and...
- For Beginners Only:Tell It Simply. Anton, Lucille // Writers' Journal;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p59
The article provides significant tips for beginners in fiction writing. Beginners are suggested to start writing based on what they know. They are advised to think twice before selling all rights to their works. Writings must be kept simple, flowery descriptions and extra adverbs must be...
- Debut author finds success selling abroad. Kennedy, Holly // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Mar2005, Vol. 118 Issue 3, p14
This article profiles novelist Holly Kennedy, an author who found success in selling abroad. Breakthrough made by Kennedy; Element significant in fiction writing; Suggestions given by Kennedy to first-time writers.
- Magazine ad page leaders. // Advertising Age;6/22/92, Vol. 63 Issue 25, p30
Reports that `The New York Times Magazine' is shortening closing dates for color advertisements to 38 days from 45. The move was made to improve customer service.
- Pop goes Parnassus. // New Criterion;Mar95, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1
Criticizes the contents of the February 12, 1995 issue of `The New York Times Magazine.' James Atlas' article on 30- and 40-something conservative intellectuals; Dinitia Smith's discussion of contemporary poetry's democratization by hip-hop, rap and MTV; Two-page spread `The Poetry Pantheon'...
- A conservative conspiracy? Bowman, James // New Criterion;Mar95, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p48
Reviews the periodical `The New York Times Magazine' February 12, 1995 issue.