People In The News
- People ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;1/9/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on career developments of executives in the U.S. publishing industry. Marilyn Quinsaat has been appointed vice president of publishing at ProQuest Information and Learning. Tina Jordan has assumed the position of vice president for the Association of American Publishers on...
- Maclennan lands NPA chairman post. Meade, Robin // Printing World;10/6/2005, Vol. 292 Issue 1, p14
Reports that Murdoch Maclennan has been elected chairman of the national newspaper group, the Newspaper Publishers Association. Expertise of Maclennan on newspaper production; Position at the World Association of Newspapers; Career background in publishing companies.
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p7
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the United States as of September 22, 2003. Resignation of David Caron as senior vice president at Houghton Mifflin Co.; Appointments of Sylvia Metayer and Anthony Lucki as chief officers at Houghton Mifflin Co.;...
- Getting the word out. // Association Management;Sep95, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p256
Reports on the Kansas Society of Association Executives' development of a career brochure called `Tell Me About Associations' to encourage students to consider association employment.
- ARRL Beefs Up Web and Publications Support. Ford, Steve // QST;Nov2005, Vol. 89 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the career development of executives in the American Radio Relay League in the U.S. Decision of Devon Neal to join the Graphics department as an illustrator and designer; Promotion of Hugh Brower to the Web and Software Development.
- Career Development Task Force. Marion, Phyllis C. // Law Library Journal;Fall2004, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p853
This article presents information on the Career Development Task Force of the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL). On March 17, 2004, the Career Development Task Force completed its main charge by presenting its report on a new continuing education program for AALL to the Executive...
- Changes in NAHRO Publications. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the staff changes in the National Association of Housing & Redevelopment Officials media department. Change in the face of the association's publications; Tenure of Sylvia Gimenez as managing editor; Maintenance of the publications.
- On the Line. // Marketing News;4/15/73, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p6
The article reports on the availability of the newsletter "On the Line" for marketing executives. It was offered for free bi-monthly which contained data on the activities and developments in telephone marketing. It was offered by the Campaign Communications Institute of America Inc. in New...
- 400 papers southward bound. Strupp, Joe // Editor & Publisher;11/17/2003, Vol. 136 Issue 41, p7
Focuses on the 100th anniversary celebration of the Southern Newspaper Publishers Association (SNPA) in November 2003. Importance of the SNPA on the journalistic history; Comment from Roger Kintzel, SNPA president; Background on the creation of the SNPA; Discussion on the major accomplishments...