Dark Horse Comics' Book Activities To Triple, Manga To Expand
- Dark Horse Marks 15 Years. Brownstein, Charles // Publishers Weekly;12/24/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 52, p28
Reports on the celebration of the 15th year anniversary of comics publisher Dark Horse in 2002. Top titles it produced; Accomplishments during 2001; Graphic novels to be released in 2002.
- Darkhorse Comics. Donaruma, James // 21st Century;Jan93, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p27
The article profiles the Darkhorse Comic Co. in the U.S. It has been printing comics for only five years but Darkhorse already established as a popular publishing company. Titles such as "Aliens," "Predator," "Terminator," "Robocop," and original stories like Nextmen and Concrete have kept the...
- Manga in English: Born in the USA. Cha, Kai-Ming; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;10/17/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 41, p30
This article focuses on the publication of original English-language manga comics books created by non-Japanese artists in the U.S. Viz Media and Dark Horse pioneered the publishing of manga for U.S. audiences in the early 1980s. But Tokyopop is responsible for the popularity of publishing manga...
- Comic Watch: Borders Bankruptcy Brings Down Tokyopop as Dark Horse Makes Cuts. // Book Publishing Report;May2011, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the impact of Borders Group Inc.'s bankruptcy on the comic industry. It says that U.S.' largest independent manga comics publisher and distributor Tokyopop Inc. which has estimated 2010 sales of 14.8 million dollars was affected and will shut down its Los Angeles,...
- Turning Comics Into Prose. Wolk, Douglas // Publishers Weekly;12/20/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 51, p20
Reports on the focus of comics publishers on prose fiction, alongside the rise of graphic novels. Prose fiction publications planned by DC Comics for 2005; Easy transition of comics readers from comics to novels; Launch of Marvel Comics of its Marvel Press prose imprint in 2004; Publication of...
- Dark Horse Comics Turns 25. Kit, Borys; Beane, Gretchen // Hollywood Reporter;7/20/2011 Supplement, Issue 24, p40
The article reports that the independent comic books publishing house Dark Horse Comics Inc. was completed its 25 years and informs on various motion pictures based on its comics including "Dr. Giggles," "The Mask" "Hellboy," and "300".
- Mini-Mania. // License!;Nov2003, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p9
Features Dark Horse Comics' mini-comic key chain. Released date; Characters featured in mini-comic key chains; Size of the mini-comic.
- Chewiest Comic Book. // Popular Mechanics;Apr2005, Vol. 182 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the graphic novel "Revenge of the Sith," being released by Dark Horse Comics Inc.
- Astro Boy, v.1 (Book). // Book Links;May2004, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p54
Presents the book "Astro Boy," by Osamu Tezuka.