Barnes & Noble: Holiday Sales Up 5.2% Compared To 5.7% In 2004
- BARNES & NOBLE. // Publishers Weekly;11/24/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 47, p3
The article presents statistics on topics related to U.S. bookstore chain Barnes & Nobles, including the percentage of forecasted decline in comparable-store sales for the forth quarter of 2008, the percentage decline in comparable-store sales in the third quarter and total sales in the third...
- Tough Week for Amazon. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/6/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the financial performance of online retailer Amazon.com Inc. for the fourth quarter of 2011. It mentions the disappointment shown by analysts and investors over the company's quarterly report, which posted an increase of 35% in sales and earnings better than expected. It...
- Bookstores Report Third-Quarter Earnings. BENZ, MATTHEW // Billboard;12/7/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 49, p70
Reports on the revenues posted by the Borders Group and Barnes & Noble in the third quarter of 2002. State of music sales; Percentage of decline in sales posted by Borders; Rise in bookstore sales posted by Barnes & Noble.
- DVD, ONLINE BOOST BARNES. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/23/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that sales increase of films on DVD and online books had helped Barnes & Noble Inc. minimize its financial loss in the fourth quarter of 2007. Its profit for the period fell by less than 9% from $127 million during the same period in 2006 to $115 million. COO Mitchell Klipper...
- March Comps Plunge at B&N. // Publishers Weekly;4/14/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the decision of Barnes & Noble to lower its sales and earnings forecast for the first quarter of 2003. Reason behind the move; Factors affecting the sales of the company; Percentage of decline in the sales of the company's superstores.
- Barnes & Noble. // Book Publishing Report;3/27/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of U.S.-based book store Barnes & Noble Inc. for the fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2005. The company's earnings increased by 5 percent compared to the same period of 2004. The company also reported an increase in profit by 5.1 percent. The...
- Earnings Inch Up at B&N. // Publishers Weekly;3/26/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 13, p12
The article reports on the financial performance of Barnes & Noble (B&N) for its fiscal year that ended on February 3, 2007. The author said that net income increased by 2.7 percent to 150.8 million U.S. dollars. Revenue totals gained from an extra week in the most current fiscal year. However,...
- Sluggish Sales at Barnes & Noble.com. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 44, p14
Reports on the decline in sales of Barnes & Noble for the third quarter of 2003. Net loss posted by the publisher; Expected sales for the fourth quarter.
- Sterling Adds to B&N Sales. // Publishers Weekly;5/3/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the increase in revenue of Barnes & Noble in 2003 due to the addition of sales from Sterling Publishing. Percentage of increase in revenue; Number of backlist titles from Sterling.