Public Power Plans
- N.Y.'s Astoria Energy Forgoes Liberty Financing, for Now. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p36
Focuses on the closure of financing by Astoria Energy LLC for power plant in New York City. Value of the financing for the power plant; Combination of bank debt and equity financing; Availability of the tax-exempt Liberty bonding.
- Missouri City Loses $515M Power Vote. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p1
Reports on the turnout of bond elections in Missouri. Observation of a great number of voters to vote on debated issues in the state; Defeat of the bonds for a power plant; Rejection of the voters on the plan of the City Utilities of Springfield to pay the bonds for the coal-fired power plant.
- California Power Agency Readies First Three Offerings. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p44
Reports the bond financing plans of California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority. Approval of the agreement to construct and operate power plant; Issuance of tax-exempt industrial development bonds; Plan to re-market the bonds.
- Peach State Power Play. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p1
Reports the decision of the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia to sell revenue bonds. Inclusion of the fixed rate bonds in the sale; Importance of the proceeds in the power plant projects; View of investors on the sale.
- South Carolina Agency to Issue $325M for Santee Cooper Plant. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p1
Reports the plan of the South Carolina Public Service Authority to sell revenue refunding bonds to finance the Santee Cooper power plant in South Carolina. Details on the mode of the bond; Influence of the market condition on the amount of the deal; Information on the financial adviser.
- The Push for More Power. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p1
Reports on the construction of a gas-fired power plant on the site of a decommissioned generating facility, by the Sacraments Municipal Utility District in California which will be financed by revenue bonds. Estimated cost of the power plant; Purpose of building the plant; Reason for the...
- Utah City faces electric bond default due to defective Rolls-Royce turbine. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p5
Reports that Hildale City, Utah, may default on the electric revenue bonds in early 2000 because the electric generating turbines bought with the bond proceeds do not work. Threat of insurers to terminate coverage of the facility; Joint ownership of the plant; Negotiation with Rolls Royce.
- Bonds for three gorges. // Modern Power Systems;Jan95, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p5
Reports on China's issuance of international bonds to finance the construction of hydropower plants in Yangtze River. Project cost; Negotiations with bonds underwriters.
- Solar Panel Bond Proposal Picking Up Steam in San Francisco. Finestone., Deborah // Bond Buyer;03/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31100, p32
Reports on a proposed bond measure to install solar panels in San Francisco, California. Power needs of the city; Structure of the bonds; Advantages of solar power.