New CRA Window May Spur Municipal Issuance in Gulf
- The 500 Largest Municipal Portfolios at U.S. Banks. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32260, p7
Presents a chart depicting the top five hundred municipal portfolios at U.S. banks.
- Banks Boost Their Totals by 7% in '03 as Loan Demand Shrinks. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p35
Reports on the increase in U.S. banks' municipal bonds holdings in 2003, as they confronted slackening demand for loans amid mounting cash deposits. Overall amount of muni bonds held by domestic banks in 2003; Bank holdings on a fair-value basis; Decline in municipal holdings of Bank of America,...
- MUNICIPAL RANKING. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p47
Provides information on municipal ranking of investment banking in the U.S. from January 1, 2003 to December 31, 2003. Tax-exempt negotiated municipal bonds; Tax-exempt general obligation municipal bonds; Tax-exempt revenue municipal bonds.
- The 500 Largest Municipal Portfolios at U.S. Banks. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p38
Presents information related to municipal portfolios with various banks in the U.S. as of November 21, 2001. Cost basis of holdings in thousands; Data that are not adjusted; Source of the data.
- Massive Debt Makes State the Largest Distressed Borrower. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;11/17/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p30
Reports on competition among investment banking firms and other companies for California's municipal bonds. State's financial problems; Bank of America's role as lead underwriter in a general obligation bond deal; Other entities involved in bringing bond deals to market.
- Capital Rules May Curb Munis. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;7/16/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33945, p1
The article informs that the banking regulators of the U.S. have published two rules in July 2013 that may effect investment by banks in municipal bonds.
- Opportunities in Bank-Qualified Municipal Bonds. DeMasi, Jim // Community Banker;Jun2008, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p42
The article explores the relative value currently offered by the bank-qualified municipal bond (BQ Muni) sector in the U.S. Since 1986, banks have not been allowed to deduct the interest expense used to carry tax-exempt municipal bonds for federal tax purposes, with the exception of BQ Munis. In...
- Some Investment Bankers to Profit From State's Bond Deals. Berry, Kate // San Diego Business Journal;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p21
Reports on the benefits of the passage of bond measure for investment bankers in California. Selection of Lehman Brothers Inc. as lead manager of the largest municipal bond offering in the U.S.; Issuance of the first tranche of bonds after Memorial Day; Amount in fees that investment banks are...
- Small banks get aggressive. Clark, Danial M. // ABA Banking Journal;Feb87, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p27
Reports the investments of small banks in the U.S. Modification of banking services; Influence of municipal bond portfolios; Purchase of nonmortgage asset-backed securities.