Goldman Expands Its Public Finance Focus
- EUROPE M&A: TOP DEAL ADVISERS. // Global Finance;Nov2004, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p55
This article presents information on advisers for mergers and acquisitions of business enterprises in Europe.
- Burlington Coat Exploring 'Strategic Alternatives'. Young, Vicki M. // DNR: Daily News Record;7/4/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p11
Reports on the designation of Goldman Sachs & Co. as financial adviser of Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corp. Reason of the company for hiring Goldman Sachs; Speculation on the possible sale of Burlington Coat; Increase in the net sales of the company for the fourth quarter ended May 28, 2005.
- Goldman eyes new operation catering to affluent clients. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;09/28/98, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p45
Reports on the plans of Goldman Sachs Group L.P., to launch an investment banking and wealth management venture in Chicago, Illinois. Who the initiative is being spearheaded by; Possibility of former financial services investment banker, Donald Kane, managing the operation; Hopes of Goldman to...
- Ogden Ogles Options for Units. Leibs, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p4
Announces the retainment of Goldman Sachs by Ogden Corp. to assist in selling its entertainment and aviation businesses. Business segments of Ogden Corp.; Third quarter earnings projection of Ogden Corp.; Performance of the Ogden Corp.
- Poll: Technology Spending to Decline in '03. // PC FAB;Feb2003, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the forecast of Goldman Sachs & Co. for technology spending of companies in the U.S. Decline in the technology spendings; Reduction in the long-term growth estimates; Prediction of the technology managers.
- CHICAGO OBSERVER. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;06/04/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p78
Presents news relevant to businesses in Chicago, Illinois for the week of June 4, 2001. Comment of anchor, Bryant Gumbel about the shallowness of the periodical 'Ebony,'; Launching of a health club and cafeteria by Goldman Sachs Group Inc.; Highlights of the 2000 Chicago Metropolis Report.
- GOLDMAN SACHES EURO HY INDICES. // High Yield Report;3/4/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p7
Presents the charts depicting on Goldman Sachs high yield indices in the United States.
- Goldman to Handle Cigna Pension Biz Sale. // American Banker;7/31/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 146, p20
States that Cigna Corp. hired Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to arrange the sale of its pension business. Amount of retirement assets the unit manages; Reason for the sale, according to Al Copersino, Columbia Management Group analyst.
- Kennedy-Hefner not the ticket: Fax undresses fund-raiser spat. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;08/14/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p78
Presents business-related news items from Chicago, Illinois, compiled in the week of August 14, 2000. Criticisms against the choice of a Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles, California as venue for a Democratic Party fundraiser; Investment bank Goldman Sachs & Co.'s plan to double its local...