LaFortune, Taylor Win
- Taylor Takes Tulsa. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32358, p27
The article reports on the victory of Democrat Kathy Taylor over Republican Mayor Bill Fortune in the general election in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Taylor has resigned as Governor Brad Henry's secretary of tourism and commerce to challenge the incumbent mayor. According to LaFortune, Taylor will manage...
- Tulsa Seeking Public Input on Proposed $239M Bond Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31988, p7
The article claims that Tulsa, Oklahoma is seeking public input on the city's largest-ever general obligation bond package, a $238.6 million proposal that could go before voters in February 2005. Mayor Bill LaFortune unveiled the proposal saying that his government had been able to work with...
- Tulsa, Okla., Mulls Sales Tax Extension To Back Bonds for Postponed Projects. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32213, p4
Reports on the move of Mayor Bill LaFortune to consider issuing revenue bonds backed by an extension of sales tax in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Postponement of the sales tax to finance projects; Generation of tax for city projects; Approval of the six-year tax extension that would work on deferred projects.
- Tulsa Mayor Backs Off. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p35
Reports on Tulsa, Oklahoma Mayor Bill LaFortune's withdrawal of a move for settlement that would have the city assuming liability for a defaulted loan to the bankrupt Great Plains Airlines Inc. Impetus of the move.
- Tulsa, Okla., Sales Tax Extension To Fund Several Deferred Projects. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/8/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32274, p3
This article reports on the proposal of Tulsa, Oklahoma, Mayor Bill LaFortune to extend the city's third-penny sales tax that would bring in $437 million over six years. LaFortune announced that the city would sell bonds supported by the sales tax to collect enough money to complete the deferred...
- People & places. // Australian House & Garden;Mar1995, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p22
Reports on decorative paint finishing teacher Kathy Taylor and painting and drawing teacher Jenny Wareham's offering of a specialized trompe l'oeil service.
- Oklahoma Governor Appoints Strategist in Bid for Federal Grants. // Education Week;10/7/2009, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p5
The article announces that Kathy Taylor will join the administration of Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry in the role of chief of education strategy and innovation when her term as mayor of Tulsa ends.
- March 7 ballot initiatives aren't enough to fix all that ails California. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/10/2000, Issue 322562, p26
Editorial. Comments on initiatives included in the March 7, 2000 primary election in California. Includes a proposition to allow the governor to negotiate compacts allowing Indian-operated casinos to operate slot machines; Bond issue for various facilities; Bond measure to relocate a forensic...
- New Hampshire primary offers chance to rub shoulders with the exalted. DeCourcy, Ed // New Hampshire Business Review;04/11/97, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p8
Comments on the psychological impact of the holding of primaries in New Hampshire. Opportunity for citizens to have conversations with presidential candidates and aspiring legislators; Rubbing shoulders with an exalted American.