Special Session Planned
- Arkansas Governor Reveals New School Funding Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p36
Reports on the proposal of an education finance plan by Governor Mike Huckabee in Arkansas. Amount proposed by Huckabee for public education per year; Disadvantages of the plan; Budget of the state for public education.
- Arkansas Governor Calls Special Session Today on Schools. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p34
The article reports that Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee has called a special session on school finance. The Arkansas General Assembly will address issues on school finance reforms, as well as a proposal to ban smoking in most enclosed public spaces. Huckabee has given lawmakers a March 30, 2006...
- Arkansas Governor Pushes for School Funding Consensus. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32347, p3
The article reports that Governor Mike Huckabee has granted lawmakers to reach a consensus on new laws to finance public education in Arkansas. According to the report, the state has been under order by the state's Supreme Court to provide more money into K-12 public education. The state has...
- Arkansas Approves New Aid for Schools. // Education Week;4/19/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p24
The article reports that Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee has signed into law a bill of $132.5 million to the school districts in Arkansas. School appropriations totaled nearly $200 million, including up to $50 million to repair school buildings and $13 million for declining and isolated school...
- CAMPAIGN STOP: ISRAEL. Lederman, Josh // Hill;2/15/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p34
The article presents information on the former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's tour of Israel.
- Consultants: Arkansas Needs $847M More Per Year for Education. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p36
Focuses on expenditure on education by the government of Arkansas. Plans of Mike Huckabee, Governor of the state on improving the funding of public education; Overview of a study by consultants on the additional revenue needed by the state for providing adequate education to all students;...
- Raise Taxes, Cut Benefits Or Do The Right Thing. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);01/18/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on a tax fund created by Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Reason for the creation of the fund; Aim of the funding.
- Huckabee's Dismay. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p35
Reports on the reaction of Governor Mike Huckabee to the contents of a report submitted to the Arkansas Supreme Court by special masters appointed to determine whether lawmakers had adequately addressed a court order to spend more money on K-12 school programs and facilities in Arkansas....
- School Consolidation, Funding Still Looms Large. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p26
Introduces the first school consolidation proposal by Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee. Mechanism of raising money for education spending; Finance for public schools; Terms of the exemption.