Phoenix Voters Today Face $878.5 Million GO Question
- Report: Kansas Should Drop Opposition to Issuing GO Debt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p4
The article reports on the need for Kansas to drop its reluctance to issue voter-approved general obligation bonds. The state also needs to adopt a set of policies to guide state debt issuance and management. The recommendation is made by the Kansas Public Financing Center at Wichita State...
- Chicago's DePaul University Restructuring Some Lease Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p3
Reports on the plan of DePaul University to sell its refunding bonds in a deal that will allow the school to take possession of several educational facilities in Chicago, Illinois. Approval of the Illinois Finance Authority on the deal; Total value of the bonds; Terms of the deal.
- Univ. of Washington Turns to Variable Rate for First Time in Years. Kellemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p31
Reports on the plan of the University of Washington to sell variable-rate bonds. Structure of the bonds; Uses of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- New ASU Campus Is Focus of Phoenix's $850M GO Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32209, p4
Reports on the development of Arizona State University's planned campus in downtown Phoenix as the main focus of the city's general obligation bond authorization package expected to go before voters in March 2006. Outline made for the City Council the city's proposal for dividing up the proposed...
- November Retry Unlikely. // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p42
The article reports that the Mount San Jacinto Community College District will not likely return to voters in November 2006 after the rejection of a 720 million dollar general obligation bond measure. The bond measure needed 55 percent to pass but only got 45 percent of the Riverside County...
- Cal State University System Raised to Aa3 by Moody's. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;2/13/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32567, p39
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service has upgraded its underlying rating for California State University's (CSU) system-wide revenue bonds to Aa3 from A1 ahead of a $300 million-plus bond sale. According to analyst Susan Fitzgerald, the main reason for the upgrade is the system's...
- Moody's Upgrades West Virginia Education Commission Ahead of Sale. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31946, p28
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded to A1 from A2 the college bond system of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission as the commission prepares for a multimillion-dollar revenue bond sale. Merger of the West Virginia State College System and the State University...
- University of Connecticut Readies $100M Deal for Campus Upgrade. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32080, p3
Reports on the plan of the University of Connecticut to sell multimillion-dollar of state-backed university bonds in Connecticut. Underwriter of the transaction; Use of the proceeds for campus improvement program; Assessment of several rating agencies on the bonds;
- U. of Arkansas Takes Upgrade & Runs to Market. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31960, p5
Reports on the University of Arkansas' offering of tax-exempt bonds. Structure of the bonds; Uses of the proceeds from the bond sale.