Indiana Legislature Expected to Vote on Controversial Toll Road Bill Today
- For Illinois Tollway, Delaying Repairs Is No Longer an Option. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p30
Reports on the hearings conducted by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority over the proposed toll increase in the state. Financing for the upgrades and repairs of the state's mile system; Requirement of an independent engineering firm to review the status of the system; Details of the...
- SLEDGEHAMMER ALERT TO STOP TOLL ROADS -- KILL THE CDAs !! // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/1/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p8
The article announces the need of lobbyists and supporters for an initiative to stop toll roads by abolishing the Comprehensive Development Agreements (CDA) in the U.S.
- California Authorities May Get OK to Bond Against HOT Funds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/19/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32716, p7
The article reports on the three agencies which would gain the authority to bond against revenue from high occupancy toll (HOT) lanes under terms of a bill that the Legislature approved in San Francisco, California. They include the San Diego Association of Governments, the Sunol Smart Carpool...
- Texas Legislature Considers Two-Year Hold on Toll-Road P3s. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32583, p40
The article reports on the campaign of House and Senate lawmakers to pass a bill which places a two-year moratorium on public-private toll road contracts in Texas. Senate Bill 2772 sponsored by Senator Robert Nichols establishes a 24-month moratorium on the privatization of state toll roads to...
- Road haulage companies ask for temporary suspension of e-toll. // Hungary A.M.;07/09/2013, p1
The article reports on the move of road haulage businesses in Hungary to ask the government for the temporary suspension of a new electronic toll system (e-toll) in the country which they alleged for overcharges.
- Alamo RMA Chairman Thornton Releases Statement On TxDOT Proposal On Tolling Existing Interstate Highway Lanes. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);9/5/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p21
The article offers information regarding the proposal made by the Alamo Regional Mobility Authority (Alamo RMA) Board Chairman, William E. Thornton on potentially toll existing Interstate Highways.
- AAA withdraws support for NHS bill. Barnes, David // Traffic World;5/22/95, Vol. 242 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the withdrawal of the American Automobile Association's support for the National Highway System legislative bill. Imposition of tolls on interstate highways; Highway Users Federation and the American Trucking Associations' opposition against the bill.
- Lkw-MautsÃ¤tze weiter strittig. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;6/7/2013, Issue 23, p026
An article is presented on the legality of the toll structure of German highways for commercial tractor-trailer trucks as determined by the Bundesverwaltungsgericht (German Federal Administrative Court).
- This Week. // State Journal (WV);7/27/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the removal of the turnpike tolls by 2019, changes in the coal mine pollutant discharge rules and the lawsuit filed against State Election Commission.