Kia's Arrival in Georgia City to Be Partly Financed By GOs
- Kia to build third production plant in China. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p17
The article reports on a memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed by Kia to build the Dongfeng Yueda Kia Plant 3 in Yancheng, China.
- First NA Kia plant opens in Georgia. // Nashville Automotive Report;Apr2010, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p13
The article reports that Kia Motors Corp.'s first North American (NA) automobile manufacturing plant was opened in Georgia on February 26, 2010.
- Confidential. // Autocar;9/10/2014, Vol. 281 Issue 6116, p25
The article offers updates related to the automobile industry which include the launch of the Acupra version of the Seat Leon ST automobile, the preview of the Volvo S60 automobile, and the plan of Kia Motors Corp. to spend $600 million on a factory in Mexico.
- Hyundai learns from Kia. Frink, Lyle // Automotive News Europe;4/16/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the construction of the Hyundai assembly plant in Czech Republic. The layout of the complex is patterned at sister Kia Motors' assembly complex in Slovakia. It will assemble the new i30, which shares its platform and most components with the Kia's Cee'd, in hatchback and...
- Hyundai affiliate to build transmission plant. Wortham, April // Automotive News;8/25/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6322, p3
The article reports on the plans of Hyundai Powertech to build a $150 million factory to supply six-speed automatic transmissions to affiliate Kia Motors Corp. in Georgia. The project suggests an upgradation of Kia Sorento SUV current model from the five-speed automatic gearbox. Sorento will be...
- Kia's Mexico plant will tackle vehicle shortages. // Finished Vehicle Logistics;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the construction of a facility of automobile maker Kia Motors Corp. in Monterrey, Mexico. The carmaker expects that the plant will be finished in the first half of 2016 and will alleviate global vehicle shortages with annual production capacity at 300,000 vehicles and...
- VW, Kia rev up in south while Detroit idles. // North Texas Automotive Report;Jun2009, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p5
The article reports that the Volkswagen AG has finished constructing its $1 billion assembly plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee. According to Mayor Ron Littlefield, the construction of the plant will restore the region's industrial prominence. It states that the plant will cater 2,000 jobs for the...
- Kia starts construction on Slovak plant. Chang, Peter; Frink, Lyle // Automotive News Europe;11/1/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the construction of an assembly plan of Kia in Zilina, Slovakia in October 2004. Demand of the landowners that control the designated site; Problem between Kia and the Slovakian government; Expected number of small cars that will be produced at the plant by 2006 according to Chris...
- Briefs. // Automotive Industries;Apr97, Vol. 177 Issue 4, p36
Reports that Fiat will build a plant to produce Palio-based pickups and vans in Brazil.