At Stephens, Clay Returns, Bowden Moves Up
- Clay and Hall Join Stephens. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p7
Reports on key executive appointments at Stephens Inc. Dennis Clay's appointment as vice president in charge of national competitive underwriting in Little Rock, Arkansas; Chris Hall's appointment as institutional short-term municipals trader in Chicago, Illinois.
- Little Rock's Crews & Associates Adds Two Bankers to Dallas Branch. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/15/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32982, p22
The article reports on the additional two bankers appointed by Little Rock-based Crews & Associates Inc. to its Dallas branch office as it looks to do more business with Texas issuers. Wendy Wipperman, former associate director at Standard & Poor's Corp., and Sherald Wood, former director of...
- Bond Dealers of America Announces New Team of Leaders. HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;3/2/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33475, p5
No abstract available.
- Crews' Calhoun: Music Man Turned Muni Man. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32506, p1
The article reports on the involvement of Rick Calhoun, the lead guitarist in the country rock and roll band Capitol Offense, in the municipal bond trading in the U.S. The 57-year-old guitarist is the first vice president and principal of trading company Crews & Associates Inc. responsible in...
- University of Arkansas System to Issue $41M for Two Campuses. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/12/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34125, p1
The article reports on the plans of the University of Arkansas System to issue revenue bonds of worth 41 million U.S. dollars for its Fayetteville and Fort Smith campuses in Arkansas as of June 2014. Topics discussed include rating of bonds by the Moody's Investors Service Inc., management of...
- Crews details workout plan for buyers of Arkansas improvement district debt. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30483, p1
Reports on underwriter Crews and Associates Inc.'s creation of a plan that will expedite full repayment to holders of bonds from three struggling improvement districts in Arkansas. Aversion of a possible protracted legal battle over the validity of tax liens that one district slapped on...
- Stephens' New Orleans staff is down by five, but firm stresses muni dedication. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/23/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30604, p21
Reports on the departure of five bankers from Stephens Incorporated. Stephens' waning presence in the Southeastern municipal bond market; Stephens executive Mark McBryde on the defections; Newman and Associates' hiring of several former Stephens bankers.
- Wire fraud and conspiracy charged. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;12/04/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30285, p1
Reports that the former bankers with Stephens Incorporated and Lazard Freres and Company were indicted by a federal grand jury, on charges of conspiracy and wire fraud. Circumstances surrounding the charges; Comments from associate director in the Department and Securities and Exchange...
- Can nice guys finish first, or close to it? Just ask crews. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p30
Profiles Crews & Associates Inc., a municipal finance firm based in Little Rock, Arkansas. Business philosophy; Crew's strong work ethic; Company background; Andron Crews as founder.