President's Plan to Cut CDBG Funds Will Be Defeated, City Leaders Say
- Even Backers of Plan to Kill CDBG Program See Tough Odds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32073, p4
Reports on proposal to abolish the Community Development Block Grant program. Details of the program of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Keene manufacturer shut out from federal grant. Stone, Trade // New Hampshire Business Review;12/9/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p16
The article informs that owners of Keene-based Kingsbury Corp. would not receive financial support from a federal grant. The officials were forced to withdraw the grant request because it failed to meet qualification criteria. Monadnock Economic Development Corp. (MEDC) was expected to request...
- PUBLIC NOTICE CITY OF RULE. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);6/29/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p4
The article announces the public hearing to be held by the City of Rule at City Hall in regard to the submission of an application to the Office of Rural Community Affairs for a Texas Community Development Block Grant Program grant in Rule, Texas. To allow citizens an opportunity to discuss the...
- Grants supports town improvements. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/4/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p28
The article presents information about various grants provided to communities in Sullivan County, New York, by the Small Cities Community Development for projects related to economic development, housing, public facilities and planning. The Village of Liberty has received $400,000 for public...
- Community Page. // Credit Union Journal;12/19/2005, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p16
The article reports on developments related to credit unions in the U.S. Pacific Service Credit Union has sponsored a picnic in Golden Gate Park for the benefit of Big Brothers Big Sisters. MSU Federal Credit Union has identified Annette Agemak as the winner of its three thousand dollar tuition...
- PUBLIC NOTICE THE CITY OF UHLAND TEXAS COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. Woods, Diana T. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);6/28/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p3
Announces a public hearing on the submission of an application to the Office of Rural Community Affairs for a Texas Community Development Program grant in Uhland, Texas on July 5, 2006. Purpose of the meeting.
- $9.4M for infrastructure grants awarded. // Toledo Business Journal;Oct2008, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p12
The article reports that 19 communities in Ohio will be receiving grants. Administered by the Ohio Department of Development's (ODOD) Community Development Division, the Water and Sanitary Sewer Program will be giving more than $9.4 million to the 19 communities. In addition, the funds are...
- No Budget Left Behind. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p27
Reports that a committee of the Utah House of Representatives have approved a bill that would allow the state to opt out of President Bush's No Child Left Behind Act.
- Sixty years of giving. // Finweek;10/7/2010, p44
The article reports on the development of Corporate Social Investment (CSI), program which focused on social development in South Africa. It mentions that the CSI has been the top performers on the JSE SRI index, an Anglo American Chairman's Fund which is partner of CSI for education development...