Treasury Gives Update On Debt Limit Negotiations
- Push to Raise Debt Ceiling. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31334, p1
Reports on the request made by the U.S. Congress to the U.S. Treasury Department for increasing the debt limit of the country. Reasons behind the increase of debt limit; Efforts made to solve the debt problem.
- U.S. approaches debt ceiling of $16.4 trillion. MARQUEZ, CARLOS // Caribbean Business;12/20/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 50, p11
The article reports that the U.S. is nearing the $16.394 debt ceiling set by Congress as of December 2012. It states that the government resorted to borrowing and selling Treasury securities to fix the economy. It highlights the top holders of U.S. government debt including China, oil exporters,...
- SLGS at Risk Without Debt Limit Bill. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/14/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33232, p1
The article reports on the risk associated if Congress fails to pass federal debt limit legislation in Washington. If they neglect to approve the bill boosting the federal debt limit, the Department of Treasury will be forced to halt the state and local government series securities (SLGS)...
- Treasury Postpones Four-Week Auction. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32011, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Department of the Treasury has announced that it has postponed its weekly four-week bill auction, scheduled for November 16, 2004 until further notice, to help prevent the department from reaching the statutory debt limit. The U.S. Congress reconvened on...
- TBMA Predicts Hike In Treasury Sales. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p2
Reports on the projected increase of the net U.S. Treasury debt sales in the fourth quarter of 2003.
- Treasury Estimates Record 4Q Borrowing. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p2
Reports on the plan of the Treasury Department to borrow in marketable debt during the October-December 2003 quarter in the U.S. Efforts to achieve cash balance; Details of the quarterly refunding press
- Introduction:Public Debt Operations. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2002, p33
Focuses on the public debt operations in the U.S. Guidelines on the issuance of Treasury securities; Maturation of bonds; List of marketable security.
- Treasury to Refund $25.1 Billion in Q1. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;02/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31068, p2
Discloses the announcement made by the United States Treasury Department that it will refund billions of dollars in publicly held debt as part of its quarterly financing operations.
- Treasury estimates 3d-quarter paydown. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;08/03/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30696, p2
Reports on the market borrowing paydown expectation of the United States Treasury Department for the third quarter of 1999. Outstanding debts paid in the second quarter; Federal government loans for the last quarter of 1999.