Bond Ballot Roadblock
- November ballot hi-jinks. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/14/2006, Issue 323582, p24
The article discusses ballot initiatives in relation to the November 2006 election in California. In proposition 1A, it will be difficult for the Governor and the Legislature to transfer gasoline tax revenues from necessary transportation projects to general fund activities due to voter...
- Statewide Bond Plan Targets Freeways, Ports. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;12/5/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p4
The article presents information on a multi-billion-dollar infrastructure bond being crafted in Sacramento for June's statewide ballot. It is proposed that the bond will likely be in the $11 billion to $15 billion range. It is discussed to have a much larger bond package split up into measures...
- Voters Nationwide Approve 90.5% of Bond Issues. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on the results of local and statewide bond elections in the U.S. in November 2004. Overall approval rate of bond elections; Number of bond questions on ballots across the country.
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32062, p28
This article provides a table that lists bond elections involving $500,000 or more and gives the dates when voters are scheduled to cast their ballots. Bonds include Alamo Comm Coll Dt, Aubrey ISD, Beiton and Cedar Park.
- Backers vie for votes on $2B bond issue. Pettypiece, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that on August 2, the Ohio House will vote on whether to put on the November ballot a $2 billion bond issue that would provide $1.5 billion for infrastructure improvements as well as $500 million for research and development grants under the state's 10-year, $1.1 billion...
- Record Water Issue Helps Arizona Grow With the Flow. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31837, p30
Reports on the performance of the bonds issued by the Arizona Water Infrastructure Finance Authority as of March 9, 2004. Financing of water projects.
- D.C. Officials Approve $230M of Redevelopment PILOT Debt. Ackerman, Andrwe // Bond Buyer;6/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32398, p52
The article reports that the District of Columbia Council approved two resolutions authorizing the issuance of up to 230 million dollars in bonds backed by payments in lieu of taxes. It will help finance public infrastructure for a 1.6 billion development along the Anacostia River in southwest...
- Stumping for $37B in GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p42
The article reports on the campaign for a 37 billion dollar in infrastructure bond measures that will be on the November 2006 ballot. The infrastructure investment plan in important to building California's future and ensuring the state can compete and succeed in the global economy. The bond...
- Ballot measures -- Seven weeks away. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/9/2004, Issue 323189, p22
Reports on the political developments in California as of January 2004. Decision of the voters on the number of ballot measures; Amount of the bond proposal; Supporters of the bond measure.