Flat Tax Test?
- The flat tax proposal. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul95, p14
Reports on the implications of the flat tax legislative proposal in the United States as of July 1995. Reduction in marginal tax rates; Sample individual wage tax forms; Sources of income; exemptions and deductions; Sample business tax form; Comparison of tax liabilities; Change in federal...
- What's wrong with a flat tax? // New Mexico Business Journal;Mar95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the plans by the US Congress to replace the graduated income tax with the flat tax. Features of the flat tax; Sample case application of the flat tax.
- The flat tax could be a dream come true. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/14/95, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p8
Opinion. Supports the flat tax proposal in the United States. Benefits from flat tax implementation; Arguments against traditional tax procedures; Expected impact of flat tax on the financial decisions of taxpayers.
- Is mortgage deduction safe in drive for flat tax? Garsson, Robert M. // American Banker;1/19/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 12, p3
Reports on legislation to implement a flat tax in the United States. Proposals forwarded by major contenders to the Republican presidential nomination; Establishment of a single tax rate; Key exemptions.
- Contract with America: Part II. // Caribbean Business;11/23/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p24
Editorial. Comments on a major tax overhaul calling for a single-rate flat tax for individuals and businesses in the United States. Chances of the proposal to become a reality; Joint-House-Senate Tax Commission headed by Jack Kemp; Studying the possibilities and consequences of a flat-tax...
- Flat tax express. Norquist, Grover G. // American Spectator;Oct95, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p62
Focuses on legislation on flat taxes in the United States. Flat tax campaign; Support for legislation of flat taxes; Flat tax as synonymous with tax reform; Details of the flat tax legislation; Six principles of tax reform.
- Should We Have A Flat Tax? Kirkland, Stephen D. // Business & Economic Review;Oct-Dec2002, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on several issues related to the income tax system in the U.S. Creation of complex tax legislation; Call for a more simple tax system for the ability of the manufacturers to compete internationally; Proposal for including a flat tax system.
- Flat tax proposals threaten advanced markets. Gallagher, Hill // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/5/96, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p14
Discusses the implications on the insurance industry of the `flat-tax' legislative proposals. Evaluation of the provisions of the legislative proposal; Concern over the elimination of section 101 which treats death proceeds of a life insurance policy as income tax free.
- Flat rate scheme for farmers. Brown, John; Chadwick, Suzanne // Accountancy;Sep92, Vol. 110 Issue 1189, p120
Reports on an amendment to Great Britain's Finance Bill, which is the introduction of a flat rate scheme for farmers with effect from January 1, 1993. Alternative to VAT registration; How the scheme works; Farming activities that qualify; Invoices; Sales within the European Community.