Texas' cypress-Fairbanks School District Readies $260M Issue
- Amid Changes and Upheaval at LAUSD, The Bonding Goes On With $1B GO Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/27/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32680, p8
The article reports on the plan of Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) to issue its $1 billion in general obligation bonds, in an effort to keep itself moving. Despite the changes that took place within its portals, such as having new superintendent and school board, LAUSD still pursues...
- Morgan Keegan Gets Exemption for Arkansas School Deals. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31637, p3
The Arkansas Securities Commission granted Morgan Keegan & Co. an exemption from a state law that prohibits firms that serve as financial advisers to school districts from bidding on their bonds in competitive sales. The ruling follows an action that gave the same exemption to Little Rock-based...
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Lexington Schools Sell. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;10/15/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33200, p9
The article reports on the expectation of the Lexington County School District No. 4 in South Carolina to sell 9.75 million dollars of general obligation bond (GO) newmoney debt. It says that the school district was rated Aa1 by Moody's Investors Service and by Standard & Poor's as AA when it...
- Morgan Keegan Vows to Appeal Jury's $20 Million Verdict. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p4
Reports the plans of Morgan Keegan & Co, to appeal the jury for a 20 million verdict in Oklahoma. Misrepresentation of facts on the sale of housing bond deals; Names of the plaintiffs; Amount of the housing bonds sold.
- Trader says 1992 yield quoute suggested E. Baton Rouge bonds were noncallable. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30292, p1
States that Morgan Keegan and Company listed $25,000 of the East Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Mortgage Finance Authority bonds it refunded in 1989 and also offered the bonds to yield 4% as if the were noncallable in an inventory list sent to other dealers in June 1992. Reference to a letter sent by...
- Underwriter backs out of Houston deal. Sanders, Lisa; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30638, p1
Reports that Morgan Keegan & Co. will drop out of the underwriting syndicate that priced a Houston, Texas bond deal. Evidence of possible violation of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-37.
- Tampa Selling $20M of Taxables for Workers' Comp. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/14/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33632, p3
The article reports that the city of Tampa in Florida through Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc. has marketed 20 million dollars of taxable bonds for up-front settlements of future worker's compensation claims.
- Jefferson County Adding Citi to Sewer Team. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/16/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32919, p1
The article reports on the move of Jefferson County to add Citigroup Inc. as the third member of its new banking team to work on restructuring the county's troubled $3.2 billion sewer debt program in Alabama. It states that Goldman, Sachs & Co. was also expected to be included to the team, which...
- GOLDMAN SACHS EURO HY INDICES. // High Yield Report;5/13/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p8
Presents charts and graph depicting Goldman Sachs high yield indices in Europe. List of liquid bonds; Rating of Colt Telecom; Percentage of the total returns of Euro BB.