Inflation Gauge Indicates Less Price Pressure
- Pulling the punch. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/3/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p11
Presents forecasts for economic growth in the U.S. in 2004 by Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan. Job growth; Inflation; Deflation; Interest rates.
- Autumn economic update. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/20/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p9
Presents an update on the economic performance of the U.S. during the 12 months that ended June 30, 2004. Inflation rate during the period; Status of labor supply; Unemployment rate.
- Will it be deflation or inflation in 2002? Reaser, Lynn // ABA Banking Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p52
Presents an economic forecast for the United States (U.S.) for 2002. Risks faced by the U.S. economy; Factors that contributed to price declines in computers; Concerns on the economy; Views on the possibility of inflation or deflation.
- Forecasters See Risk in Deflation, Then Inflation. // Bond Buyer;8/31/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33375, p2
The article highlights the survey conducted by the National Association for Business Economics that the near-term deflation and long-term inflation are the greatest risks to the U.S. economy.
- Flation. Poole, William; Rasche, Robert H. // Review (00149187);Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p1
Presents an analysis of the concept of inflation and deflation in an attempt to express whether substantial deflation is inconsistent with prosperity. Definition of inflation and deflation; History of deflation in the U.S.; Overview of the appropriate policy objective for the federal reserve;...
- A strong employment picture complicates debate... Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;11/10/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 217, p33
Argues about the United States economic conditions. Inflation or deflation issues of the debate; Percentage of unemployment rate; Percentage of private sector pay; Stance of interest rates of the Federal Reserve.
- What Does Deflation Actually Deflate? Schectman, Joel; Picón, Michael // Newsweek;10/4/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 14, p56
The article discusses the potential impact on several categories of goods and services in the U.S. of deflation and inflation. In either case prices for food are apt to rise due to growing global demand. Prices for haircuts and other services would probably rise in an inflationary environment,...
- The coming boom in inflation. Debus, Keith // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/22/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p25
Focuses on the recurrence of inflation in the U.S. in 2004. Action taken by the U.S. Federal Reserve to prevent deflation in 2000; Impact of the tax cuts on the U.S. economy; Impact of the fast growth of China on the world economies.
- ECONOMIC PROBLEMS OF THE USA IN THE 1970s. Shapiro, A. // Problems of Economics;1971, Vol. 14 Issue 1/2, p3
Examines the interrelated complex of the most acute problems of the U.S. economy in the 1970s. Trends in the development of the U.S. economy; Background on production growth rates; Details on the problem of inflation; Relationship between inflation, employment and unemployment.