District OKs GO Election
- CALIFORNIA: Stockton USD Wants $673M. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p9
The article reports that the Stockton Unified School District board has been poised to put a $673 million general obligation bond measure in front of voters during 2008, as indicated in the report of Stockton Record in Stockton, California. The report noted that the school board is expected to...
- Panel Advises $1.3B Cap for Dallas School Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p4
The article reports on the assertion of an advisory committee that the Dallas Independent School District (DISD) should limit its bond proposal to $1.3 billion on the May 10, 2008 ballot, if it hopes to win voter approval in Dallas, Texas. The district officials have stated that the district has...
- School Bonds Aplenty. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p29
The article reports that residents in 25 local school districts last week approved bond sales totaling nearly $352.2 million to fund school construction projects in New Jersey. The approved projects vary in size from nearly $81.4 million for additions and renovations in East Brunswick Township...
- Four School Districts in the Atlanta Area Selling $600M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32630, p35
The article reports that four school districts in Atlanta, Georgia are entering the bond market with almost $600 million of general obligation bonds. The Douglas County School District is offering $150.5 million and its rating has been upgraded to AA3, while Paulding County School District has...
- Louisiana's Calcasieu Parish to Sell $15M to Replace Termite-Eaten School. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32780, p7
The article reports that Calcasieu Parish School District will sell $15 million of general obligation bonds for renovation on January 8, 2008 in Louisiana. According to Joseph Delafield, district's bond counsel, stressed that the school projects are conventional and have nothing to do with...
- Dallas ISD Studies $1.5B Bond Proposal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/29/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34333, p22
The article reveals that the Dallas Independent School District (DISD) will consider outgoing Superintendent Mike Miles' request for a 1.5 billion U.S. dollars bond proposal on the November 2015 ballot. Topics covered include Miles' proposal of a large tax increase to support the bonds through a...
- Extra insurance pays off for Michigan schools. Keeton, Ann // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p2
Reports on the sale by the Rochester, Michigan, School District of $100.6 million of general obligation unlimited-tax school building and site bonds.
- May Ballots. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p33
Reports on the call from school districts, cities and special districts for voters approval of bond measures in Oregon. Value of general obligation bonds for the renovation of instructional facilities; Use of the bond proceeds; Percentage of likely voters to approve the bond measure.
- Unimaginable Arrogance. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);4/9/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the Comal Independent School District's $75 million bond package that would be spent on athletics and non-academic items.