County Rating Falls
- S&P to Insist Muni Issuers Quantify Exposure to Variable-Rate Debt, Swaps. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p26
Reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. has announced its plan to ask municipal bond issuers to quantify their exposure to variable-rate debt and interest rate swaps in a standardized manner in its effort to refine its credit rating process. Reason why it will be difficult for some...
- HAWAII: Quake Doesn't Faze Raters. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;10/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32491, p37
The article reports on the speculations on the impact of the 6.6 magnitude earthquake towards the assignment of ratings by Standard & Poor's Corp. on municipal bond issuers of Hawaii. According to Robert Williams, their is no significant change of ratings for the electric utilities since it is...
- Berkeley Schools Stable. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p33
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to revise its outlook for Berkeley Unified School District to stable from negative. Reasons why the credit agency revised its outlook; Affirmation of the agency's underlying A rating on the district's outstanding general obligation debt.
- Monmouth County, N.J., Joins S&P's Exclusive AAA Club. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/07/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30677, p6
Reports that Monmouth County, New Jersey has received an AAA credit rating from Standard & Poor's Corp. Sale of the county's general obligation bonds on July 7, 1999; Amount of county's bonds and refinancing from 1995 to 1998; Bases for the AAA rating.
- CALIFORNIA: Sacramento Air Rating Returns. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p9
The article reports that Standard and Poor's Corp. has reinstated its underlying A rating on September 19, 2007 on debt issued for the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality District (SMAQD) in Sacramento, California. According to the report, the action of the rating agency affects $5.3 million of...
- CALIFORNIA: S&P Upgrades Fresno to AA. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32845, p9
The article reports that the Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded the issuer credit rating in Fresno, California to AA from AA-minus. The rating action reflects as the city is issuing bonds to clean up variable-rate debt that become expensive in the wake of recent market turmoil. Rob Williams,...
- S&P improves outlook on N.Y.C.'s debt total; bond ratings unaltered. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30324, p40
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrading of its credit outlook for New York City's $27 billion of outstanding general obligation bonds. Rating on the debt; Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's announcement of the city's budget surplus for fiscal 1998; Need for the city to adopt a budget that is...
- S&P Drops Munis Bcked by HVB, Toronto-Dominion. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p3
Reports that the credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. lowered its short-term ratings on municipal bond issues in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the ratings; Effect of the ratings on the Pennsylvania State University's variable-rate revenue bonds.
- S&P stands firm on California's A-plus rating. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;10/01/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30242, p3
Reports that Standard & Poor's has decided to reaffirm its A-plus rating on California's general obligation debt this 1997. Rating agency's concern over the California's ability to respond to a future economic downturn.