County Rating Falls
- S&P to Insist Muni Issuers Quantify Exposure to Variable-Rate Debt, Swaps. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p26
Reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. has announced its plan to ask municipal bond issuers to quantify their exposure to variable-rate debt and interest rate swaps in a standardized manner in its effort to refine its credit rating process. Reason why it will be difficult for some...
- Monmouth County, N.J., Joins S&P's Exclusive AAA Club. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/07/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30677, p6
Reports that Monmouth County, New Jersey has received an AAA credit rating from Standard & Poor's Corp. Sale of the county's general obligation bonds on July 7, 1999; Amount of county's bonds and refinancing from 1995 to 1998; Bases for the AAA rating.
- CALIFORNIA: Sacramento Air Rating Returns. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p9
The article reports that Standard and Poor's Corp. has reinstated its underlying A rating on September 19, 2007 on debt issued for the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality District (SMAQD) in Sacramento, California. According to the report, the action of the rating agency affects $5.3 million of...
- CALIFORNIA: S&P Upgrades Fresno to AA. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32845, p9
The article reports that the Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded the issuer credit rating in Fresno, California to AA from AA-minus. The rating action reflects as the city is issuing bonds to clean up variable-rate debt that become expensive in the wake of recent market turmoil. Rob Williams,...
- S&P improves outlook on N.Y.C.'s debt total; bond ratings unaltered. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30324, p40
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrading of its credit outlook for New York City's $27 billion of outstanding general obligation bonds. Rating on the debt; Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's announcement of the city's budget surplus for fiscal 1998; Need for the city to adopt a budget that is...
- S&P Drops Munis Bcked by HVB, Toronto-Dominion. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p3
Reports that the credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. lowered its short-term ratings on municipal bond issues in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the ratings; Effect of the ratings on the Pennsylvania State University's variable-rate revenue bonds.
- S&P stands firm on California's A-plus rating. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;10/01/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30242, p3
Reports that Standard & Poor's has decided to reaffirm its A-plus rating on California's general obligation debt this 1997. Rating agency's concern over the California's ability to respond to a future economic downturn.
- Standard & Poor's upgrades Memphis Sewer System bonds to AA-plus. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p40
Reports on Standard & Poor's upgrading of Memphis, Tennessee sewer system revenue bonds to AA-plus, making it the highest-rated bond of its kind covered by the agency. Factors on which the upgrade was based; Ratings given by other agencies.
- Dallas Water, Sewer Bonds Raised by S&P. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's has raised its rating on the waterworks and sewer bonds of Dallas, Texas. Factors behind the upgrade in the city's bond ratings; Impact of healthy economic conditions on Dallas' bond ratings.