Hospital CFO: Keep Bondholders in the Loop on Turnaround Plans
- Getting Back to Basics. Green, Paula L. // Global Finance;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p50
Offers tips to chief financial officers (CFO) considering investing in business process analyses of their companies' operations. Objectives that a CFO could decide on; Warning on the process; Benefits of an effective business process analysis.
- From the EDITOR. Marshall, Jeffrey // Financial Executive;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p8
The article introduces topics in this issue of "Financial Executive" which includes articles about the role of women chief financial officers, corporate planning and budgeting, Web-based software systems, and two new columns related to financial reporting, standards, and pooling.
- CEO outlook: Bullish or bearish? // CMA Magazine (1926-4550);Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p8
The author discusses the survey by the American/Express CFO Research Global Business and Spending Monitor in May 2012, which suggests that 73% of senior finance executives in Canada set more aggressive growth targets for 2012.
- FIVE STEPS TO GET LEAN. // Materials Management in Health Care;Oct2009, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p22
The article offers tips for hospitals for putting lean management principles into practice. It suggests the appointment of chief financial officer (CFO) and chief operating officer (COO), who will be both reporting to the president. Hospital administrators are also advised to change processes...
- Everyone Aboard. BETBEZE, PHILIP // HealthLeaders Magazine;Apr2009, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p43
The article analyzes the conflict between chief financial officers (CFOs) and physicians of hospitals regarding achieving revenue. It explains that CFO believes that physicians are not in the strategic financial plan for the hospital in terms of subsidizing an organization's flexibility and its...
- CFOs SEE GOOD PROSPECTS FOR 2011. // Accountancy;Feb2011, Vol. 147 Issue 1410, p8
The article reports on the business growth plans of finance chiefs in Great Britain in 2011 as fears of a possible recession recede, according to a survey from Deloitte.
- CFOs go beyond the numbers. Walters, Kath // BRW;12/6/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p74
Discusses the changing role of chief financial officers (CFO). Details of a report published by the Institute of Chartered Accountants regarding the issue; Job descriptions of CFO; Changes in the role of CFO in business planning; Involvement of CFO in decisions related to buying and selling new...
- CFOs preparing for system era--survey. // Modern Healthcare;8/14/95, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p39
Reports on a survey of chief financial officers of hospitals in the United States on the integration of medical delivery systems. Significant challenges; Advancement to higher positions.
- The CFO squeeze. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;07/21/97, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p36
Discusses the effects of hospital and health systems mergers and restructuring on chief financial officers (CFOs) in the United States. Development of a task force by the Healthcare Financial Management Association to help CFOs find employment; Difficulty on measuring healthcare finance job...