New Mexico Governor Uses Line- Item Veto to Pare Down '07 Budget
- NEW MEXICO: Governor OKs Bulk of Budget. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32818, p9
The article reports on the approval of the $6 billion fiscal 2009 state budget by Gov. Bill Richardson in New Mexico. The governor signed the budget passed by the Legislature after using his veto power to eliminate $15.8 million in spending. Richardson said that he signed the budget because it...
- Gov. Richardson to Hire Consultant To Find More Savings for New Mexico. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p26
Reports on efforts of New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson to hire a private financial consultant to find more revenue savings for the state. Amount of savings desired to be achieved by the Governor; Benefits of such savings; Amount to be spent for hiring a consultant; Possible review of the...
- In-State Supplier Shaves $1.5 Million Off Mail Costs in New Mexico. // Government Procurement;Jun2005, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p34
Talks about the creation of the Save Smart New Mexico initiative, a program by Governor Bill Richardson that seeks local suppliers for state-wide savings in New Mexico. Costs of the equipment and services purchased by agencies and educational institutions across the state; Examination of...
- New Mexico Lawmakers Send $5.65B Fiscal 2008 Budget to Gov. Richardson. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/13/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32585, p7
The article reports on the approval of the New Mexico lawmakers with a $5.65 billion state budget measure for fiscal 2008 and passed the measure to Governor Bill Richardson. The Senate passed the budget bill on March 9, 2007, with final approval coming from the Housing during a closed session on...
- VERBATIM. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);5/2/2005, Issue 17, p9
The article presents quotes on different issues from several people in current events. U.S. Federal Reserve chairman, Alan Greenspan said that federal budget was on an unsustainable path. Australia's Prime Minister John Howard believed that their proposed free-trade agreement with China would be...
- NEW MEXICO: Balanced Budget Signed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/17/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33063, p9
The article reports on the three bills signed by New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson that balance the state's fiscal 2009 budget. The measures that were enacted reduce state agencies' general fund operating budgets by 1.4% to 5%, shift $58.4 million from public school capital outlay fund, and...
- Upward bound? Fischer, David; Auster, Bruce B. // U.S. News & World Report;12/09/96, Vol. 121 Issue 23, p23
Discusses why representative Bill Richardson looks like a possible candidate for Commerce Secretary. His possible replacement of Mickey Kantor; His participation in negotiations with Cuba's Fidel Castro and Iraq's Saddam Hussein.
- Bill Richardson. // U.S. News & World Report;7/31/95, Vol. 119 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on Bill Richardson, a congressman from New Mexico who helped negotiate the release of a downed United States helicopter pilot from North Korea. How he has since talked Saddam Hussein into freeing two Americans jailed for four months for taking a wrong turn into Iraq.
- The Governor Speaks. Bernadette, Suzanne // New Mexico Business Journal;Jan2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p12
No abstract available.