Muni Assets Reach Record High of $356.61B
- Tax-Frees Fall Nine Basis Points to 1.80%. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32170, p6
Reports that tax-free money market funds' average yield fell nine basis points during the week ended July 4, 2005 on an annualized basis in the United States.
- Tax-Free Yield Rises 12 Basis Points as Assets Slip. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32404, p7
The article reports on the status of tax-free money market funds in the U.S. The fund's average yield rebounded during the period June 12-18, 2006, rising 12 basis points to 2.85 percent on an annualized basis. This increase followed a decline of 13 basis points the previous week. Meanwhile,...
- Assets Rise $1.44 Million to $348.5 Billion. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p7
The article reports on the increase of assets in tax-free money market funds from $144 million to $348.5 billion in the U.S. Retail funds suffered a net flow of $3.25 billion compared with other institutional funds. The funds' average yield rose 24 basis points to 2.99% on an annualized basis.
- ASIAN ELATION! Anderson, James A.; Scott, Matthew S. // Black Enterprise;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p42
Presents the top six Asian-focused mutual funds in Asia as of September 30, 2003. Matthews Asian Growth & Income Fund; Matthews Pacific Tiger; Fidelity Southeast Asia.
- The big cap fits. Goodburn, Matt // Money Marketing;10/19/2006, p36
The article focuses on the potential of large-cap stocks after a few years of relative underperformance relative to their small and mid-cap countercaps. Phil Doel, F&C UK opportunities fund manager claims the uncertainty that the biggest companies in the market are the best bet. He believes that...
- Diagnostics for DC default options. Johannson, Joan // Employee Benefit News Canada;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p6
The author focuses on default investment options which usually run to three alternatives. The alternatives include a money market fund, a balanced fund or one of the new lifecycle funds. The best alternative for plans is the money market fund in which a default option is provided only as a...
- Tax-Exempts See $5.57 Billion in Outflows. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p29
Reports that tax-free money market funds had a net outflow of $5.57 billion in the U.S. during the week ended on July 5, 2004.
- Short-Term Buyers Discuss Impact of Auction-Rate Securities. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p7
Discusses the negative consequences of auction-rate securities for money market funds in the U.S. Issuers' increasing use of auction-rate securities instead of traditional variable-rate demand obligations; Stringent internal money market fund eligibility standards of some firms such as Charles...
- Tax-Free Yields Rise to 0.78%; Taxables Break 1 % for First Time Since 2002. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p7
Reports on developments concerning money market funds in the U.S. as of September 24, 2004. Increase in tax-free money market funds' average yield; Taxable fund yields; Decline of assets in funds; Net outflow of taxable funds.