N.Y.C. Health and Hospitals Corp. Reveals $250M Deficit
- N.Y.'s HHC faces $75 million funding cut. // Modern Healthcare;6/19/95, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p16
Reports that the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. will face a reduction in funding under the city's fiscal 1996 budget. Plans to fill out the gaps.
- Cityâ€™s public hospital system gets poor financial prognosis. LAMANTIA, JONATHAN // Crain's New York Business;11/10/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p0004
The article focuses on the financial challenges facing the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. (HHC) as of 2014. Topics covered include the projected increase in budget gap, the commitment of HHC to preserve its mission and ensure the corporation's long-term financial health and the plan to...
- HHC asks Rudy and the city for a little TLC. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the potential deficit faced by New York City's Health and Hospitals Corp. in January 2001. Factors contributing to the gap between HHC revenues and expenses; Returns from the city hospitals' cost cutting and productivity increases; Anticipation of how Mayor Rudolph Giuliani will...
- Bellevue explores ways to cut ties to New York's HHC. Benson, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;10/2/95, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p33
Reports on New York City-based Bellevue Hospital Center's search for ways to sever ties with the city's Health and Hospitals Corp. Exploration of financial structures; Impact on center's operations; New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's plan to get the city out of the hospital business.
- Doctor deal. // Crain's New York Business;09/01/97, Vol. 13 Issue 35, p34
Reports that New York City is expected to pay $253 million to 375 doctors to operate Jacobi Medical Center and North Central Bronx Hospital. Response of both hospitals to the proposal.
- Bellevue seeks independence from the city. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;9/25/95, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p1
Reports that New York City's Bellevue Hospital Center is looking into ways to sever ties with NYC's Health & Hospitals Corp. and operate on its own as an independent medical facility. Exploration of potential financial structures; Plan to maintain its social mission of caring for the city's...
- Board OKs sale to for-profit. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;11/18/96, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p6
Reports on New York City Health and Hospitals Corp.'s approval of allowing the transfer of Coney Island Hospital's management control to a subsidiary of Primary Health Systems which is a for-profit company. Estimated savings that the said proposal would contribute to the city; Changes to be...
- News at deadline. // Modern Healthcare;04/20/98, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p4
Presents news dealing with hospitals in the United States (US). Number of workers laid off by New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation; Lawsuits dismissed by US District Court judge; Merging of Faulkner Hospital of its parent organization.
- Midwifery rules issued. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;1/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp.'s systemwide rules for the utilization of nurse midwives in hospitals. Nurse midwifery; Problems in city-hospital delivery rooms.