Revenues Up 10.7% in Fiscal 2005; Largest Annual Growth Since '91
- October Surprise. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/8/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32855, p31
Reports on the increase in collected general revenue for the month of October 2005 in Arkansas.
- DO STATE REVENUE FORECASTERS UTILIZE AVAILABLE INFORMATION? Gentry, William M. // National Tax Journal;Dec89, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p429
This paper tests whether state revenue forecasts incorporate all possible economic and political information. We formally define the concept of rationality and then test it on time series data on New Jersey's major revenue sources. The results show that for most revenue sources, forecasts have a...
- A MODEL OF LOCAL FINANCING IN THEORY AND PRACTICE: LESSONS FROM SLOVENIA, NEW EU MEMBER STATE. Oplotnik, Žan // East European Quarterly;Winter2007, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p429
The article examines the theory and practice of local financing using the European Union member state of Slovenia as a contextual example. An overview of the principles, basic foundations, and conforming criteria of local finance is presented and discussed, such as the principles of local...
- Report Aims to Help Upstate New York Deal With Fiscal Stress. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32108, p34
Reports on the creation of a report by the comptroller's office to help policymakers understand the fiscal stress in New York. Establishment of guidelines for local finance officials; Need for the officials to look beyond revenue collections and spending; Benefits of report to the state.
- ANALYSES OF ORADEA MUNICIPALITY'S ECONOMIC SITUATION THROUGH LOCAL REVENUES. Delcea, Lavinia Sidonia // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2012, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p612
This paper proposes a new approach in presenting the economic situation of a municipality by analyzing its local revenues. The quantity and evolution of local revenues are extremely important in public management because, in their absence, local governments cannot implement any policy,...
- Town halls wait for cash to plug Â£2.2bn deficit. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;12/2/2005, p8
The article reports on the uncertainty of the revenue support grant settlement in Great Britain. Local governments are hopeful that government ministers will found some extra cash to alleviate pressures. The Local Government Association is warning that council tax could rise to fill a black hole...
- California Rans to Market. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/19/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32737, p1
The article announces the plan of the California government to issue $7 billion of revenue anticipation notes (Rans) on October 25, 2007 in San Francisco. The state issues Rans yearly, which aims in helping in the management of uneven flow of revenues during the year. The retail order period is...
- Several States Report Declines in Sales Tax Revenue in 1Q of 2008. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;5/5/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32871, p32
The article reports on the financial performance of various states in the U.S. as of the first quarter of 2008. According to a report by the Rockefeller Institute of Government, several states are experiencing reductions in revenues they obtain from their largest or second-largest source, which...
- OKLAHOMA: Tax Revs Show Signs of Life. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/22/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33486, p7
The article reports that general fund revenues in Oklahoma has exceeded expectations as it increased by four percent in March 2011 compared to February 2010.