Barry Gets Probation in Tax Case
- Ward 8 Residents Split on Barry Re-election Bid. Wright, James // Washington Informer;9/1/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 95, p4
The article reports on the contrasting views of Les Johnson of Historic Anacostia and Pho Palmer of Congress Heights on the re-election bid of Washington D.C. Councilmember Marion Barry. According to Johnson, he is not sure if Barry will run again for another term in the District's legislature....
- No apology from Barry for remarks on PH nurses. // Filipino Reporter;5/4/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that Washington, D.C. Council member Marion Barry defended himself against criticism over his remarks on Asian-owned ships and the number of Filipino nurses in the District. According to the author, witnesses at a hearing before the Committee on Aging and Community Affairs...
- Blacks and Nursing. Reed, William // Washington Informer;5/31/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 33, p15
The article focuses on the remark made by Washington D.C. City Council member Marion Barry in which he criticized local hospitals for hiring Filipino nurses instead of local residents.
- Barry Soundly Defeats Abraham. Phipps-Evans, Michelle // Washington Informer;11/8/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p22
The article offers information related to the victory of Ward 8 Council member Marion Barry for the third time with 87 percent of votes over Peaceoholics co-founder Jauhar Abraham's 13 percent votes in the elections on November 6, 2012.
- D.C. Mayor Fenty Criticized Over Opting Out of Poplar Point Project. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;9/5/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32706, p7
The article reports on the criticism of the District of Columbia Council member Marion Barry over Mayor Adrian Fenty's decision to pull out of a proposed development plan for the 110-acre site known as Popular Point in Washington D.C. Barry said that the council is disappointed and outraged at...
- D.C. Political Roundup. Wright, James // Washington Informer;3/1/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p6
The article offers political news briefs of District of Columbia (D.C.) as of January 3, 2012. The Gertrude Stein Democratic Club hosted a Ward 7 and Ward 8 council member candidate's forum on Thursday, February 23, 2012. Sandy Allen, Ward 8 council member of D.C. is serving as the campaign...
- Marion Barry, D.C.'s 'Mayor for life,' Dead at 78. Lester, Avis Thomas; Castaneda, Ruben // Skanner (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR Combined Edition);11/26/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p10
The article presents an obituary for Washington, D.C. Council member, former four-time mayor, and civil rights activists Marion S. Barry.
- Ex-D.C. Mayor Pleads Guilty in Federal Tax Case. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/31/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32249, p42
Reports that the Former District of Columbia Mayor Marion Barry pleaded guilty on October 28, 2005 to federal misdemeanor charges of failing to file federal income tax returns and failing to pay federal income taxes from 1999 through 2004.
- D.C. Council Member Marion Barry's Sentencing Postponed. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32316, p7
The article reports on the postponement of the sentencing of council member Marion Barry in Washington D.C. Barry has been earlier sued for misdemeanor charges for failing to file federal and district income tax return for six years. U.S. Magistrate Judge Deborah A. Robinson announced her plan...