Measure Would Increase Oversight of UConn Building Program
- KUWAIT: PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES ONE STEP CLOSER. // Middle East Business Intelligence;1/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the legislation passed by the Kuwaiti legislature that approve in principle the establishment of private universities. Possibility of allowing foreign universities to open satellite campuses in Kuwait; Highlights of the legislation.
- House Bill Would Tighten Oversight of Deepwater Program. // Defense Daily;6/18/2007, Vol. 234 Issue 54, p2
The article reports on the bill introduced in the U.S. that would increase oversight of the Deepwater modernization program and eliminate the use of a private contractor to oversee the integration of the various systems. Other components of the legislation require the appointment of a civilian...
- Puerto Rico Senate Changes Control Board to Oversight Board. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
The Puerto Rico Senate has changed a proposed fiscal control board into a fiscal oversight board.
- State invests in future. Likins, Peter // Inside Tucson Business;8/4/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the passage of the bill that will provide for the construction of research buildings in several universities in Arizona. Benefits of the legislative bill on the state's business; Factors that create problems in reaching consensus on legislative issues in the state.
- Calif. to Study Whether Graduation Test Should Be Delayed. Keller, Bess // Education Week;10/3/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the bill authorizing the board of education to postpone the schedule for the high school exit exam in California. Proposal to conduct the examinations to graduation; Accounts on the low passing scores of students despite lowered cut-off scores; Details on the legislation for the...
- Minnesota fights high school hazing. // State Legislatures;June97, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the Minnesota legislature's introduction of a bill addressing the concerns over high school and college students' hazing incidents. Focus on civil penalties.
- State-Campus Shootout over Gun Rules. // Perspective (08889732);Jul2004, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p3
Reports that the state of Utah plans to introduce legislation seeking to prevent higher education institutions from banning guns to the campus. Campus ban on weapons implemented by the University of Utah; Provisions of the proposed legislation.
- Washington file. Jackubosky, Tony // Advocate;3/31/71, Issue 56, p4
Points out issues related to homosexuality in Washington. Legality of homosexual acts; Amendments of the bill involving homosexuals; Condition of gays in various universities.
- Idaho Lawmakers To Consider Rainy Day Fund for Colleges. BONNER, JESSIE L. // Community College Week;3/8/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p11
The article reports that Representative Scott Bedke of Idaho is introducing a bill to create a fund of three accounts which allows universities and state community colleges to better cope with funding losses in the future.