MISSISSIPPI: Utility Debt Act OK'd
- Mississippi Lawmakers Locked Over Bonds; Barbour Might Veto. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32015, p3
Reports on the debate among lawmakers concerning a bond bill in Mississippi. Provision of the bill that a percentage of construction contracts from most of the bond-funded projects must go to minority firms; Appointment of a joint conference committee that will resolve the differences;...
- MISSISSIPPI: Wind Pool Becomes an Issuer. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32597, p9
The article reports on the approval of a bill by Governor Haley Barbour that will give the Mississippi Insurance Underwriting Association the authority to issue bonds to pay claims. The House Bill 1500, the Mississippi Economic Growth and Redevelopment Act of 2007 was passed to promote the...
- Shoring Up Mississippi Shortfall Fixes Loom; Bond Requests Double. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p1
Reports shortfall of revenues in Mississippi. Reformation program of Governor Haley Barbour; Bond authorizations; Fiscal budget of the state.
- Cooper obtains funds for plant. Moore, Miles // Rubber & Plastics News;2/23/2009, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p3
A summary is presented of a bill signed by Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour that revises the definition of the term project under Mississippi's Major Economic Impact Act to allow state aid to existing tire plants.
- Gov. Barbour's K Street Visitors. Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;2/7/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p395
Highlights a meeting between Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour and U.S. Chamber of Commerce lobbyists Lisa Rickard and Stanton Anderson on February 2, 2004, to discuss the enactment of tort reform. Stand of Barbour on tort reform issues; Impact of a potential tort reform bill on trial lawyers.
- BILL CREATES MISSISSIPPI BLUES COMMISSION. // Jet;5/17/2004, Vol. 105 Issue 20, p14
Reports on the signing of a legislative bill by Governor Haley Barbour creating the Mississippi Blues Commission in Jackson, Mississippi. Responsibilities of the commission; Details on blues musicians who came from the state.
- Mississippi Approves $40 Million In Economic Development Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p32
Reports on the passage of an economic development bond bill sought by the governor in Mississippi. Appreciation of the bipartisan support of the lawmakers by Governor Haley Barbour; Issuance of general obligation debt for incentives to new and expanding businesses; Offer of business loans and...
- Mississippi Human Services Deadline Looms. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/30/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31916, p3
Reports that Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour has called lawmakers back to the capitol in Jackson for a second attempt at reauthorizing the state's Department of Human Services. Outcomes of the Legislature's first special session; Barbour's refusal to consider the House bill; Medicaid reform plan.
- Mississippi Governor Calls 3d Special Session for Economic Development Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32147, p3
Reports that Governor Haley Barbour has called a third special session of the Legislature to reconsider statewide economic development bond bill that failed to pass previously because the House increased the bond authorization to fund local projects in Mississippi. Approval of a bill authorizing...