- Hill College receives grant for handicapped access. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/24/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p4
The article announces on the $12,000 in grant money that was awarded by the George G. and Alva Hudson Smith Foundation to Hill College for automatic door openers' installation in Hillsboro, Texas.
- Budget Includes Aid To Address Backlog Of Facilities Projects. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;8/30/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p34
The article reports that Hawaii is using a budget surplus to fund a backlog of repairs and maintenance projects to schools throughout the state. The Fix Hawaii's Schools Act provides $75 million for major repairs and $160 million for whole school renovation. A further $130 million has been...
- AROUND THE COUNTY. // Orange County Business Journal;2/9/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p6
The article offers news briefs related to several issues in California. It states that the Huntington Beach Union High School District is in the midst of school renovation projects funded by a bond measure. Meanwhile, the California State University in Fullerton will begin construction on a...
- State Restores Partial Amount for Community College Maintenance. Ward, Denise T. // San Diego Business Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p6
Reports the restoration of the partial budget for maintenance projects of local schools in San Diego, California. Allocation on the costs of maintenance; Plea for full restoration of funds; Impact of the Senate Bill 735 on the restoration.
- Upgrading and renovating. // American School & University;Jan1996, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p11
Reports that an overcrowding problem and the need to accept a growing student population in the future sparked the Burrell School District in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to begin a renovation and upgrade project.
- DJSS grand unveiling. Cano, Angele // Hub (Hay River, NT);4/17/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p3
The article offers information on the reopening ceremony of completely-renovated Hay River based-Diamond Jenness Secondary High School which will takes place on June 29, 2013 in Hay River, North West Territories.
- Education: St. David's School: New Facilities Augment St. David's Educational Experience. // Metro Magazine (Raleigh Metro Magazine);Nov2010, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p2
The article focuses on the renovation of the athletic and performing arts venues of Saint David's School in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Structural flaws repaired at New Hampshire school. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;3/12/2012, p10
The article reports on the repair and reopening of a portion of the Newmarket Junior Senior High School in Newmarket, New Hampshire.
- CLEAN AND SAFE. Shaw, Richard // American School & University;Sep2000, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p42
Discusses the importance of the cleanliness and sanitary maintenance of school washroom areas in the United States. Suggestions for cleaning school bathrooms; Importance of a partnership between school maintenance and custodial services; Ideas for dealing with vandalism. INSET: Cleaner schools...