Texas' Tarrant County to Float $433 Million Bond Package on May Ballot
- Harrisburg Misses GO Payment. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;9/12/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33780, p1
The article discusses a general obligation bond payment which will be missed again by Harrisburg, Pennsylvania in 2012. The city is reported to be under debt of 320 million U.S. dollars since 2009 due to bonds tied to an incinerator retrofit project. As an option to recover, it may increase...
- Cities Would Lose Some Luster Without Redevelopment Agencies. Tiersten, Sylvia // San Diego Business Journal;2/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p13
The article discusses the importance of redevelopment agencies in San Diego, California. It states that redevelopment agencies can economically and socially regenerate affected areas. The redevelopment agencies can sell bonds that helps finance improvements and use the increased property tax to...
- Forest Preserve's spending proposal is downright spooky. Msall, Laurence // Crain's Chicago Business;12/20/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p12
The article discussed the budget proposal of Forest Preserve District in Cook County, Illinois, for 2005. It states that the public has not had much opportunity to hear about the Forest Preserve's $197.5-million spending plan. Commissioners of Cook County Forest Preserve, who by law do double...
- NEW MEXICO: Bernalillo OKs TID Debt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/29/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32804, p9
The article reports on the approval of a financing plant by the commissioners of Bernalillo County, New Mexico. The financing plant permits developer SunCal to support bonds with 30% of the sales taxes and 10% of the property taxes generated from nine tax increment development (TID) districts...
- Tax Cap Profile Unchanged. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;5/21/2012, p9
The article reports on the local government debt of New York subjected to property tax cap which remained unchanged based from the risk profile of Moody's Investors Services in New York.
- Texas School District Readies $80M Competitive Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31335, p3
Reports the selling of obligation bonds in the Cypress-Fair Banks Independent school District in Texas. Acceptance of hand carried bids and bids via fax; Approval of bond authorization in the suburban housing district; Exemption of the local property taxes.
- Dallas City Council Agrees to Hike Property Taxes, Cut Services. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31482, p34
Reports the move of the City Council to raise property taxes in Dallas, Texas. Percentage of the increase; Purpose of the initiative; Plan of the council to attain bond issue for 2003.
- Allen County, Ind., asks legislature to allow arena expansion funding. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30829, p3
Reports on the plans of Allen County, Indiana, officials to issue bonds for the expansion of the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Value of the bond issue; Petitions for and against using property taxes to back the bonds; Final maturity of the bonds; Expansion plans.
- Activists want to do to lease debt what they did to taxes. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p14A
Focuses on activists' attack on California's use of lease-backed bonds. Plan to sponsor initiatives in San Diego and statewide to force voter approval of all forms of state and local debt; Lease revenue bonds in California; Rise of lease debt.