Lower Smoking Numbers May Be Bad for MSA Bonds
- New York City's tobacco bond plan raises rating, structure questions. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30568, p48
Reports on the favorable response given by investors to New York City's plan to sell bonds backed by the city's share of the nationwide tobacco settlement. Creation of the Transitional Finance Authority; Speculations about the bonds' structure and security; Tobacco companies involved in the...
- Florida May Insure Settlement Funds Should Big Tobacco Fold. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;04/07/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30866, p3
Reports on Florida's efforts to protect its ability to issue bonds against its tobacco industry settlement revenues as of April 7, 2000. State legislature's plan to insure the revenues should tobacco companies fail due to damages awarded by juries.
- Will Nassau Trump NYC? Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p1
Reports on the legal developments affecting the ability of municipalities to issue bonds backed by revenues from the tobacco settlement in the United States. New York City and Nassau County, New York's separate bids to become the first to issue such bonds; Effects of the civil suit filed by the...
- Schwab: Muni Investors Should Be Wary of Michigan Locals, Chicago. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/3/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34119, p1
The article informs that the brokerage firm Charles Schwab has advised investors to be wary of Michigan local general obligation bonds and Chicago, Illinois debt in an improving municipal market. It mentions that credit condition in the municipal market is increasing despite of the risk of...
- Step one: Bankruptcy. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p1
Reports on the municipal bond market's examination of bankruptcy issues which may affect bonds backed by funds from the settlement between states and the American tobacco industry. Rating of bonds backed by the tobacco settlement; Key concerns of municipalities in initial securitization deals.
- Counties Trust in Tobacco. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31011, p1
Focuses on issues on tobacco settlement securitization in New York. Supporters of the New York Counties Tobacco Trust I; Deal between the government and tobacco industry; Amount of the tobacco bond deal; Implication of the multiple amortization schedules for the stability of cash flows;...
- NEW JERSEY: Cigarette Bonds Near Junk. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33370, p9
The article reports on the downgrade of the cigarette tax bonds in New Jersey from Baa2 to Baa3 as rated by the Moody's Investors Service.
- Inside this issue of TI... McBride, Murdoch // Tobacco Products International;Sep2014, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p12
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the increase in production of Cuban tobacco, the waning electronic (e)-cigarette sales in the U.S. and tobacco investment trends.
- Inside this issue of TI... McBride, Murdoch // Tobacco International;Sep2014, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p12
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including a mandate to increase production of tobacco in Cuba, the popularity of other vaping models as electronic-cigarettes sales decline in the U.S., and trends in tobacco investment.