Bruno Throws Stones
- N.Y. Budget Talks Resume After Layoff. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31906, p36
Reports that New York Governor George Pataki met with state legislative leaders Joseph Bruno and Sheldon Silver to negotiate the state budget for fiscal 2005 which began April 1, 2004. Failure to come to a consensus on an increased school funding plan that includes a one-year bonding component;...
- Joe Bruno. Brooks, P.; Scarpetta, T. // Yankee;Mar91, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p86
Interviews Joe Bruno, chef and proprietor of Pasta Nostra, an Italian restaurant and pasta shop in South Norwalk, Conn. Role of cooking in Bruno's family; Different kinds of Italian cooking; Sunday meals; Development of recipes; Recipes.
- Sen. Bruno talks state budget, tax cuts at forum. // Crain's New York Business;03/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p16
Reports that United States Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno is scheduled to discuss the state budget, the prospects for tax cuts and the political races in New York, at the Crain's New York Business breakfast forum on March 12, 1998. Sponsors of the forum; Contact information. INSET: Market...
- Feds want 8-year sentence for ex-NY Senate leader. Virtanen, Michael // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/26/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 98, p11
The article reports on the desire of federal prosecutors for former New York Senate leader Joseph L. Bruno to serve eight years in prison for corruption.
- Bruno to talk on budget, rent regs. // Crain's New York Business;02/17/97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports that Joseph Bruno, New York State Senate Majority Leader, is slated to discuss the state budget and the city's rent regulation rules at the `Crain's New York Business' breakfast forum on February 28, 1997. Where the event will be held.
- Trial lawyers stumble in Albany, but the battle is just getting started. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;08/18/97, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p9
Opinion. Presents information on Joe Bruno in relation to trial lawyers in Albany. Details on laws for trial lawyer; Comments from Mark Alesse, head of the Albany Offices.
- N.Y. Judge Names Panel On Education. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p1
Reports on New York State Supreme Court Justice Leland DeGrasse's appointment of three jurists to a panel to oversee court-ordered reforms to state spending in New York City public schools. Appointment of William C. Thompson, E. Leo Milonas and John Feerick; Likelihood that the panel will order...
- BILLIONS FOR BIG APPLE. // American School & University;Mar2005, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the ruling by the New York Supreme Court Justice Leland DeGrasse regarding the state budget allocation for the New York City school system; Failure of the state to come up with a plan to bring its educational funding system into compliance with the constitution; Amount to be spent in...
- Maine Laptop Push Advances, But Eyed for Cuts. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;2/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p18
Reports on the outlook for Maine to provide middle school students with laptop computers. Promise of Governor Angus King to protect the program from budget cuts, in light of an estimated $250 million deficit; Background on the laptop initiative; Comment of Rep. Patrick E. Colwell, Rep. Joseph...