Cities Face Fiscal Turmoil
- Comptroller Warning. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p31
Reports on the economic condition in New York as of October 2003. Total debt of the state; Revenues of the state; Volatility of the economic outlook of the state.
- FISCAL RETRENCHMENT IN A DECLINING STATE: THE NEW YORK CASE. Bahl, Roy // National Tax Journal;Jun79 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p277
Focuses on financial management issues surrounding the New York City and State financial crises. Decline in the New York State economy relative to the nation; Factors that establish constraints to fiscal retrenchment in New York; Trends in New York State employment, income and public finances.
- It's nail-biting time as higher ed waits to hear about funding. Kahn, Kathy // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the budget crises in New York. Effects of the crises on education; Increase in the tuitions of higher education; Economic condition of the state.
- N.Y.S. finances are improving despite rising debt load. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p6
Reports on the financial standing of the state of New York. Concern by financial analysts on debt issuance; Financial rating given by Standard & Poor's; Efforts of the state to decrease state supported debt between 1995 and 2002; Pension obligations.
- Stimulus package erodes NY revenues. // Crain's New York Business;4/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the losses of New York state in tax revenues for the fiscal year 2002.
- State debt upgrade. // Crain's New York Business;09/01/97, Vol. 13 Issue 35, p34
Reports that for the first time in history, New York State's debt was upgraded. Circumstances surrounding the upgrade; Standard & Poor's Corporation's rationale for upgrading the debt.
- Tax hike won't help the economy. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on the consequences of tax hike with the presence of economic recession in New York state. Correlation between tax and revenues; Expected revenue decline by the end of 2002; Implementation of a tax cuts.
- Rockalnd solid: Regional jobs steady: housing up, sales taxes off. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/16/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p12
Details the findings of the Poughkeepsie, New York-based Marist College Bureau of Economic Research about the economic conditions in the Hudson Valley for the first quarter of 2003. Increase of employment rates; Decline of sales tax revenue among urban counties; Unemployment rate in Rockland...
- Some guidelines for success in the age of initiative. GRAHAM, JOHN R. // Business Journal (Central New York);7/10/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p14
The article offers tips on how to survive during tough economic conditions in New York. It suggests that business executives should learn from their poor performance to improve their work. It recommends that business executives should be responsible enough to manage their companies. It advises...