Who's Protecting Whom From the 'G-23 Shuffle'?
- The comovement of US and German bond markets. Engsted, Tom; Tanggaard, Carsten // International Review of Financial Analysis;2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p172
Abstract: We use a vector-autoregression, with parameter estimates corrected for small-sample bias, to decompose US and German unexpected bond returns into three ï¿½newsï¿½ components: news about future inflation, news about future real interest rates, and news about future excess bond...
- Venezuela: Global 27 Bond To Fall Further. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/18/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p12
The article reports on the weakness of the bond market of Venezuela as of September 2006. It fell by 1.5 percent from 122.523 to 120.746 which was mainly a result of the continuing slide of Brent crude, and brought fears that a sell-off in oil prices could undermine the country's debt servicing...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p36
Presents charts depicting the bond market statistics in the U.S. in August 2005. Market indicators; Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields; Visible Supply Declines.
- Pricing Struggles Slow Deal Activity in Q3. MacInnes, Alexander; Clouse., Carol J. // Private Placement Letter;10/10/2011, p4
The article reports that U.S. companies placed nearly 6 billion dollars through 20 private deals in the third quarter of 2011. As reported, pricing proved difficult during the third quarter, due in part, to a volatile public bond market and a push from investors for wider spreads to make up for...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes All Down as Last Week's Gains Hold. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p44
The article reports on the decline of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes in week ended August 3, 2006. The gains on Friday held when the U.S. bond market remained unchanged for the rest of the week. Investors waited if the Federal Open Market Committee at its meeting Tuesday holds rates...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p7
Provides information on the bond market in the United States as of March 30, 2004. Bond Market Association Municipal Swaps Index; Comparison between the cost of funds for a fixed-coupon bond and a synthetic bond created from variable-rate; Rates of index-linked municipal swaps.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, September 8. // Bond Buyer;9/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31965, p2
Presents a chart related to the bond market in the U.S. for September 8, 2004.
- Massachusetts Selling $218 Million of Gas Tax Revenue Bonds This Week. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32034, p5
The article reports that Massachusetts plans to up the activity of a quiet trading week with the sale of $218 million of special obligation gas tax revenue bonds. The deal includes a $200 million refunding component for bonds issued in various years, such as 1996, 1997 and 2002. Merrill Lynch &...
- New Issues. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32510, p8
Several charts are presented depicting the activities of the bond market in the U.S., including the competitive bond offerings from November 16 to December 13, competitive note offerings from November 16 to December 14, and negotiated bond offerings from the week of November 13 to the week of...