Washington County, Md., Upgraded, Affirmed Ahead of $25 Million Deal
- N.Y.C. Sets $850M Debt Sale for Next Week. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p36
Reports on the plans of the New York City to sell tax-exempt fixed-rate bonds. Rating of New York City's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's.
- Florida Localities Dominate the Southeast in Rating Upgrades. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31863, p28
Delves into the financial trend in Florida. Number of bond rating upgrades approved; Status of bond sales in the state; Identification of companies that have received bond rating upgrades from companies such as Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Ratings Inc.
- Holy Cross College, Mass., Rated AA-Minus by S&P. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32327, p2
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.s assigning of AA-minus rating to the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency's College of the Holy Cross bonds. Moody's Investors Service rates the debt Aa3 while Fitch Rating rates it AA-minus. Holy Cross has about 122 million dollar of...
- MINNESOTA: Emergency Radio Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32509, p39
The article reports that Minnesota has sold an estimated $35 million of revenue-backed bonds to fund the state's continuing work on digital radio communications systems for public safety personnel. The bond had been assigned an underlying AA-minus rating by Fitch Ratings and A2 by Moody's...
- S&P Lifts Baltimore's Outlook to Positive Ahead of $48M GO Sale. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32390, p4
The article reports on the upgradation of credit-rating for Baltimore city, Maryland, to A-plus by Standard & Poor two weeks prior to the city's planned competitive sale of about $47.6 million in general obligation bonds. The upgradation reflects Baltimore's strong financial health as well as...
- Vermont Looking to Kick It Up a Notch to Triple-A. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32065, p36
The article reports on the credit rating of Vermont. Already the highest-rated credit in New England, Vermont is aspiring for a one-notch upgrade to triple-A. Fitch Ratings Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. rate Vermont's underlying general obligation credit AA-plus, while Moody's Investors...
- Puerto Rico's Upcoming Sale Snags Ratings. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/28/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32660, p1
The article reports on the high credit ratings obtained by the $3.6 billion sales tax revenue deal, the largest bond sale in Puerto Rico. Credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service gave the bond an A1 rating while Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's gave the sale an A-plus. All three rating...
- Tacoma Power Affirmed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p33
Reports on the affirmation of the ratings given by Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor's, and Fitch Ratings for Tacoma's electric utility debt as the city prepares to sell electric system revenue bonds
- Standard & Poor's Lifts Iowa's Polk County to AAA Ahead of Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/9/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32752, p36
The article reports on the ratings assigned to the $30 million new-money and advance refunding general obligation (GO) bonds issued by Polk County, Iowa. Standard & Poor's Corp. upgraded its rating to AAA from AA-plus while Fitch Ratings Ltd. affirmed its AA-plus on the county's $255 million of...