THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Clock is ticking on environment, conservation bond legislation. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30738, p7
Reports on a bill that will allow the use of tax-exempt bonds to buy and preserve timber lands in the United States. Provisions of the bill; Conservation of lands where there are renewable resources.
- Voters amend state constitution in election. // Graham Leader;11/16/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 27, p5A
The article focuses on various propositions of the state constitution of Texas which include authorizing the legislature to exempt spouses of disabled veterans from the ad valorem tax, exempt counties from taxes on inter-local contracts with other counties, and permit counties to issue bonds.
- Lobbyists Hopeful Tax Package Favorable to Munis Will Pass This Year. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31008, p6
Reports on a tax legislation beneficial to the tax-exempt bond market in the United States. Provisions of the bill.
- EZ program adds 20 new communities. Resnick, Amy B.; Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;01/14/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30558, p1
Discusses the implications of the Clinton Administration's naming of 20 new empowerment zones in the issuance of tax-exempt bonds. Fewer restrictions regulating the zones; Estimated value of the bonds to be issued; Inclusion of the tax authorization for the bonds in the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997.
- House republican seeks to make water takeovers tougher. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/1/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30778, p4
Reports on a proposed legislation that would prevent municipalities from using tax-exempt bonds to buy private water utilities in the United States. Need for an approval from the state utility commission; Provisions of the bill.
- IRS: City's Management Contract Not Private Business Use. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p5
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service has ruled that a management contract between a city water authority and a private entity does not constitute private business use in the U.S., regarding a contract case between a nonprofit corporation created to help a city acquire and finance real...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p6
The article discusses developments in several legislation affecting the municipal bond market in the U.S. No new legislation has been introduced with regards to the elimination of the use of tax-exempt bonds to finance sports stadiums for professional teams. The Coal-Based Generation Improvement...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31505, p37
Focuses on the bond buyer legislative status report published in the November 19, 2002 issue of 'The Bond Buyer.' Law for First-Time Home Ownership Made Easy Act of 2001; Proposed law for Stop Tax-Exempt Arena Debt Issuance Act; Status of the Housing Bond and Credit Modernization and Fairness...
- Lawmaker Proposes Cap Exemption for Agriculture Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p4
Reports on a legislation introduced by Senator Kent Conrad that would exempt small-issue tax-exempt bonds used to finance loans to first-time farmers from the private activity bond volume cap. Provisions in the broader farm relief bill.