Muni Prices Sink Lower as Treasuries Extend Losses
- Scarce Calendar, Seasonal Demand Unable to Rouse Munis, Which Fall. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/23/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32036, p2
The article focuses on the U.S. municipal bond market which finished little changed to a touch easier, as minor losses in Treasuries translated into lower prices on the bid side, despite tight technical conditions created by lack of supply, and seasonal reinvestment demand. A trader in New York...
- Munis End Stronger with Treasuries as Stocks Slump. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/5/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34438, p1
Municipal bonds were sharply stronger on Monday, traders said, with yields on top-rated maturities falling by as much as six basis points. Treasuries surged in a flight-to-quality bid while U.S. equities plunged in the wake of a stock market meltdown in China.
- Municipals Ease Up and Bid-Side Fades After Friday's Sharp Sell-Off. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/10/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32129, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market eased yesterday, as the bid-side faded, with participants showing little interest in stocking up on bonds after a sell-off sparked by a surprisingly strong employment report rattled the market Friday. Traders said yields were two to three basis...
- Munis Weaker as Conditions Remain Uncertain. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/9/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32752, p2
The article reports on the financial performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. in November 2007. It is stated that the market has been slightly weaker as the financial condition remained uncertain. As a result, several bids and deals have been postponed including the Miami-Dade...
- Muni Bond Traders Idled by Ennui, Bide Time as Treasuries Fall Again. Johnson, Anasutsija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/30/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32040, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market finished little changed yesterday but veered to the downside as Treasuries extended their losses after a sloppy $24 billion two-year Treasury note auction. Traders said the market was illiquid and disjointed, as the few participants buying and...
- N.Y. State Leads With $252M of GOs; Yields Fall Two Basis Points. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p2
Presents information on bond market in the U.S. on May 1, 2003. New York State, the Port of Seattle, and the Susquehanna Area Regional Airport Authority brought a total of more than 500 million dollars in new loans to market, while cash bond yields fell two basis points overall. Treasuries were...
- Munis Little Changed, Tone Firm; Treasuries Up From Earlier Decline. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p2
Reports on the bond market in the U.S. as of September 10, 2003. Change in the municipal yields and treasuries; Expectation of Anne Briglia, a fixed-income strategist at Prudential Securities Inc., regarding treasury trade; Issue of bonds by Goldman Sachs & Co.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p37
Presents statistical data related to bond market in the U.S. as of September 10, 2003. Data related to daily and weekly municipal bond index; Prices of the U.S. securities; Prices of 40 municipal bonds.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, January 23. // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p2
Presents a chart showing the performance of the bond market in the United States on January 23, 2001. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Municipal futures.