Seattle Sonics Seek to Renovate Arena With $200 Million in Tax-Backed Bonds
- Starbucks' Shooting Star Schultz Signs on with SuperSonics. Stone, David // Basketball Digest;Apr2001, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the acquisition of the Seattle Supersonics basketball team by investor and business strategist Howard Schultz.
- Curses! Chalupaed Again! // Sports Illustrated;04/24/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 17, p30
Mentions response to a promotion offered at the KeyArena, the home basketball court of the Seattle SuperSonics. Description of the promotion, in which fans are offered premium deals on Taco Bell's chalupas after home games in which the team scores 110 points; Role of guard Brent Barry in two...
- On the Block? Thomsen, Ian // Sports Illustrated;2/6/2006, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p109
This article discusses the Seattle Sonics basketball team's long-term plans with a possible relocation or sale. The Sonics have been trying to get a more favorable lease on KeyArena as well as funds to either refurbish the building or build a one from the Seattle city council. They may also...
- Sleeping in seattle -- Good bye NBA. Greenberg, Martin // For the Record;Jul-Sep2008, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on the effect of the economic crisis on the Seattle Super Sonics team of the National Basketball Association (NBA) in Seattle, Washington. The owners of Seattle Super Sonics have sought to develop a new multi-purpose arena to replace the Key Arena. The project is a joined...
- speed reads. // Sporting News;3/24/2008, Vol. 232 Issue 12, p71
The article comments on two basketball players, David Stern and LeBron James. It says if David Stern cared about franchise stability, he would not give up on keeping the basketball team Seattle SuperSonics in Seattle. Also, it congratulates to LeBron James for scoring the cover of the periodical...
- The joy of yap. Angeli, Michael // Esquire;Apr94, Vol. 121 Issue 4, p108
Features the Seattle Supersonics basketball team. Point guard Gary Payton's introduction of team members and officials; Loss in the game against Cleveland; Author's brunch with coach George Karl; Voluntary Sunday practice; Game against Philadelphia; Win over Washington Bullets; More wins; Loss...
- Total denial. // Sports Illustrated;5/2/94, Vol. 80 Issue 17, p34
Offers a photo essay depicting some of the defensive maneuvers of the Seattle SuperSonics. Preview of the National Basketball Association (NBA) 1994 playoff season; Nate McMillan, the NBA steal leader; Classic post defense; Detlef Schrempf and the fast break.
- Seattle SuperSonics. Spencer, Sheldon // Sporting News;11/4/96, Vol. 220 Issue 45, pS-14
Features the Seattle SuperSonics basketball team. Team's record for the 1995-1996 season; Strengths and weaknesses; Forecasts for the 1996-1997 season.
- Seattle Supersonics. Condotta, Bob // Sporting News;11/03/97, Vol. 221 Issue 44, pS-7
Previews Seattle Supersonics' overall capability to win the 1998 National Basketball Association championship. Strength and weakness; Defense and offense; Key players; Performance records; Health of the team.